FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By yellowjacket7
Okay, you probably know more than I do I will try to not feed him mealworms as much thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By malika621
I posted all of my pets on here a long time ago, but I have a lot of new ones, so I figured, why not? Here are my first buds. . . The fish:

Plus my Mystery Snails which, don't tell the fish, but they are the only reason for the tank... And my frog, of course.

And my two Betta fish:

My chickens. Including Ash, a Paint Silkie, the the white and black spotted one there and Honey, a Partidge Silkie, the brownish one...

Then Chewy, my black Silkie:Image

Semore, my Silkie×Barred Rock. . .

Nugget... My Purple Chicken. . . She. Is. Evil. She is also the one staring at you here. I'm sorry for the blurry picture!

Bandit! My precious baby that I raised from a kitten only a day old :) Yeah, that was not on purpose. Someone dumped his mom, and she stayed at our house and had kittens until we could find them all a home. Except him. I claim him. He is really weird (his tail is backwards, guys! It folds onto his back!).

Butterball and PomPom! These two are technically pets of the family. . .

There is also two more betta fish, a goldfish, a tuxedo cat, and one calico cat that live in the house that is not mine. They are all my sister's animals. The calico cat is my little sisters and the fish and tuxedo is my best friend/ now my sister's animals.

I love those frogs btw :) We (my friend and I) are raising tree frog tadpoles to have two or three tree frogs in about two or so months. That crab is super cool as well!!! And the others. I dont know what I think of a cockroach though. . .
Last edited by malika621 on Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
malika621, malika621 liked this
By IHaveNoIdea
:lol: As I was scrolling down, I just waited for tigers and bears to show up :lol:
So many pets, they are beautiful though. Except of those snails, I don't like snails :mrgreen:
We had betas as well when I was a kid. I might consider getting one soon. And I have never seen hairy chicken :shock:
My grandma has a calico cat. I never knew they have a name, I have always thought that it is just a regular cat :D
Funny names btw :D
By yellowjacket7
You have a- lot of pets malika and I love all the names... Chewy the black silkie is my favorite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By malika621
Yeah. . . XD Thank you guys!

IHaveNoIdea, I had never heard of a silkie (a fuzzy chicken) until last year. They are so sweet and don't get very big! And the only reason I know of the cat names and such is because my family is really big on cats. Not very big on dogs. ButterBall is my first dog! Oh... And... How could you possibly hate snails?! Okay, I an see garden snails if they are eating through plants. . . Aaaand... You should get a betta fish. They have a lot of personality.

yellowjacket7, I love Chewy's name too! And nugget's name. When I tell people their names, everyone laughs. I love Chewy, and he and Semore are the sweetest, but Honey is my favorite color-wise. I didnt put recent pictures of her up, huh? Oops. I will do that today. Same with nugget! I have pictures... They are just reallly old. From when they were just baby chicks.
By IHaveNoIdea
Yeah, my crab has a personality too. Not a very complicated one though. He is a complete idiot! Prey is sitting on his head and he does just nothing, then the prey gets off his head and he hunts it all over the place. Another example. There is a worm - again worm (very slow, easy-to-catch creature) near the wall of the aquarium. What do you think he does? No, he won't just go there, grab him and eat him. He is looking at him with his claws ready for about 5 minutes... then he strikes!! Doesn't hit the worm and smashes his face against the wall. THEN he just grabs the worm and takes him on the roof of his lair, like nothing happened. Then he kills him.. and lets him rot there for two days, not a piece of him eaten. He rather eats his own crap. I should call him Einstein the Clawed.
By malika621
Oh my gosh! That's hillarious! Great story. ^-^ I bet your crab there is quite fun to watch! My african dwarf frog will go to eat something (by lunging for it) and miss it all the time, lol. He does a face plant in to the gravel. Mind you, those frogs are not known for being able to see well! He goes by his nose. . .

I put in those pictures of my chickens! Sorry for the blurriness- they are hard to get a good shot of!
By IHaveNoIdea
Thanks, it's always nice to see some chicks hanging around :mrgreen:

You got really lot of them. You live on a farm? I looked up Georgia, it looks like a really beautiful country.

I get to see him eating pretty often. He might be stupid, but he eats like a real gentleman. He practically uses his claws like hands. Tears off a bit and puts it in his mouth. And those water tigers we talked about with local folks in another topic, he just stuffs in his mouth like a hotdog.
All my friends and relatives admire him too. And "surprisingly" all they want to know is how he tastes like. :( :mrgreen:
By malika621
Oh my gosh, that sounds like what my family would say! They're always joking about eating my pets, lol. :) Imagine if I got a crab.

It's not too similar, but my dog will get a mouth full of food and go to the room everyone else is in to eat it.

Aaaand I wish I lived on a farm. :) Its pretty much woods at my house. Dont get me wrong - I love the woods. We live on seven acres. It is really pretty, and there's a nice little creek. Five chickens isn't too hard to accommodate for. My grandmaw has a good twenty something, lol.

And goodness gracious - the cities and nature there in the Czech Republic are amazing. <3 So beautiful! I would definitely like to visit there some day.
By IHaveNoIdea
Living in a woods must be scary, I've seen too many american movies :mrgreen:
Lol, grandmaw, I've never heard that, that is a slang? :D
And I have always wanted to visit US, so we can switch :mrgreen: Czech rep is beautiful, but depends on a place. My town is not the most beautiful town out here, but I live really nearby Bohemian Switzerland (national park). And it is really beautiful there. https://www.google.cz/search?q=czech+re ... ional+park+

Furthermore I live in a block of apartments, so there isn't much nature around, but we have a small (land?) outside the town, small cottage, there are flowers everywhere.. it is nice.

It is sad, how my country gets worse and worse though.
By malika621
I think everywhere is slowly getting worse no matter what country. The town I live in used to be only a few houses. That was when my mom was growing up. She always talks about the huge farms and all, but now it's pretty busy. My grandparents used to leave their doors unlicked and not have to worry about burglars! Now we even have a car alarm, and I wouldn't ever leave doors unlocked. It has gotten bigger. We even have our own schools. There is too many people for my taste, lol. The town I am currently living in is a pretty good one though compared to others. I will be moving after college. Hopefully not out of Georgia though.

I have never thought of Grandmaw as slang, but I suppose it is, huh? I'm thinking it may even be only in the Southern parts of the U.S. I'm not sure. It is my Grandmother though. :)

Oh, and I don't think it's very scary to live in the woods... But that is probably just because I am used to it. I'm more scared of humans than animals. Besides, we don't have bears where we live. I've never even seen a fox at my house! I only ever see racoons, deer, and possums. My mom did see a skunk the other day though. Living in the woods probably isn't as bad as you think it would be. There is a lot more privacy and it's quiet compared to big cities. No one can tell you what you can or can not do (if it isn't illegal).
By IHaveNoIdea
Sounds like a pretty ideal place to live. My town used to be a purely industrial town, but everything gone bancrupt about ten years ago. Well, most of the local factories did. All we have left are gypsies :lol:
Locking doors has always been a must here. Now you can't even step outside the car to throw away garbage without locking it. And now the thing immigrants from Africa. You heard about it yet?
It must be charming to live in the woods. I've never seen a racoon, skunk or possum. And it has been a long time since I have seen a fox :mrgreen: Do any poisonous snakes or spiders live in Georgia?

Grandmaw, sounds like a "hillbilly" dialect, no offense :mrgreen: I like these accents. Very well dun diddly doo dah dawwwwwww done! :lol: I have no idea what georgian accent sounds like though.
By malika621
:lol: Oh gosh. Well, everyone says it is very Southern. There is a lot if slang like "y'all", "aint", "grandaw", and, I suppose, "Granny" is as well. I dont have such a strong accent as some of my family. Is there even slang in the Czech Republic? Hm... I wonder how that accent sounds lol.

I haven't heard much news from where you are. Are the immigrants a big issue?

There are poisonous snakes and spiders. For spiders, the most common are the brown recluse and the black widow. For snakes there are a ton. Rattlesnakes and cotton mouth are the main ones though.
By IHaveNoIdea
The true South then :lol: Well, the Czech republic is divided into 3 parts, Czech, Moravian and Silesian. There are different accents in these parts. And there are even some really small parts of republic with there special dialects, like the Pilsen one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VKEVx-ykyE (I think you will notice the difference, even though you can't understand.)
I don't have no accent, I speak the "true" czech language :mrgreen:

So many poisonous animals.. black widow :shock: There is nothing poisonous here :D We have just one poisonous snake (viper), but you would at most feel a bit sick.

The immigrants are nowadays issue in whole Europe. Every member of European union should accept a certain number of them, we should accept just about 2000 of them, though we are one of the smallest coutries. In contrast, Germany should accept about 30 000 of immigrants. They say, they run because of the war in Syria and that they are poor and hungry and stuff. But many people are becoming to talk about pure islamic invasion. And I agree. They are not poor, they have laptops, they attack people who don't believe in islam, they are even mad, because there have no access to Wi-Fi. :?
By malika621
Woah. O-o I haven't heard about that. I'm sure there are a few people who really do need help, but I definitely dont doubt there being those taking advantage of the situation.

There are a a few different accents here as well. Kind of. It is really mixed because if all of the immigrants and people from everywhere... But that's just how the United States works, and I wouldn't have it any other way. There is the really Southern accents and then Northern (who sound a lot more... Proper)
Weird Pitchers, advice?

the black absorbs the full spectrum of light makin[…]

Two issues. The only filiformis var Floridana we h[…]

primaflora likes to be almost wet. I keep it in sh[…]

Hello again from Florida

Welcome back https://media.tenor.com/images/5e88a[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1671. I'll PM[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1670. I'll PM[…]

Hey everyone! I'm back on my hunt to look for a d[…]

New cultivar potential?

For its stout leaves and proportionately large t[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!