FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Rosequartz
We bought a Venus's-flytrap from Home Depot when I got home I noticed that the heads weren't closing When you try to feed it or touch the hairs. I also noticed there's a few stems growing with little nubs in the end and not sure of those are new heads growing. I've been giving it distilled water and letting it sit on my window trying to nurse it back to health also I have noticed a few little brown spots and dark brown spots on my trap what should I do? I'm a complete newbie but I've been reading on certain things I should do I just want to provide a picture so someone can direct me in the right direction thank you
Attachments:
IMG_0470.JPG
IMG_0470.JPG (408.43 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
IMG_0467.JPG
IMG_0467.JPG (436.95 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
IMG_0471.JPG
IMG_0471.JPG (405.63 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
IMG_0473.JPG
IMG_0473.JPG (767.57 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
By boarderlib
Uusa is correct. It should be outside if possible, though not knowing your particular climate (where in the world you are) it's hard to give specific advice to it being outside, or acclimating it to the outside.

If outside is not an option which from the pics doesn't look like it is. Here's what you need to do. 1 do not leave it sitting in water. The lack of constantly moving air inside a home and constant wetness will invite rot, which spells no more fly trap. Find the absolute sunniest spot you can for your new plant. These plants are sun lovers. They love it, and want some more of it.

Be prepared these traps have lifecycles, a trap will die and a new one will grow to replace it. It's a pretty continuous cycle.

Sit back and enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
By riveraXVX
agreed with above, plant looks to be in good shape for being a hardware store VFT. i'm guessing it was starved for sunlight and proper watering - we picked up 3 from our local lowes last month the few traps ours had not a single trap functioned - guessing from the poor conditions it had been living in. a month of proper care later new traps coming up, one trap returned working and now each one has a few new traps. don't worry too much about those existing traps that aren't functioning they may do nothing again and just die off, the plant will still be taking in sunlight though which along with the potting medium, proper type of water and watering tendencies are all it needs to grow (they just grow faster catching bugs)
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!