FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Kbud
Hello all!

I'm sorry; it has been such a long time since I have gotten on. For a while, my carnivorous plant collection had grown stagnant, so to speak. Hopefully I'm back now, because you guys are all super awesome!!!

I recently purchased a Nepenthes "Lady Luck"from Amazon, and it came in today, in great condition. Multiple mistings and a good watering later, it looks pretty good!

Normally, I get the majority of my information from Peter D' Amato's Savage Garden, but I couldn't find anything to answer my question. What I am wondering is that there are what may be two plants in the pot, or perhaps one plant with a basal shoot. How can I tell the difference? Also, the plant(s) have basically filled the four-inch hanging pot, and the leaves and pitchers are hanging over the edge. Because the plants are new, I would prefer to prevent unnecessary stress. However, are they too large for their pot? Or should I repot them?

Thanks for the probably typical question; I just want to do what is best for my plant and couldn't find any information on the subject.

Cheers,
Kbud (Spekter)
By ironcore21
If it came from Hirts gardens it might be 2 plants mine was I had the same problem as you so I decided to repot it to my surprise it was actually 2 plants I don't know if that helps I'm just sharing my experience with amazon Image

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
ironcore21 liked this
By ironcore21
I didn't really check I just left the plant to do its thing I never filled the pitchers with water or anything and some did dry up but It has plenty of new ones coming in quite nicely now I've only had these for about 2 months but already they have grown a bit

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
ironcore21 liked this
By beepybeetle
Kbud wrote:Hello all!

I'm sorry; it has been such a long time since I have gotten on. For a while, my carnivorous plant collection had grown stagnant, so to speak. Hopefully I'm back now, because you guys are all super awesome!!!

I recently purchased a Nepenthes "Lady Luck"from Amazon, and it came in today, in great condition. Multiple mistings and a good watering later, it looks pretty good!

Normally, I get the majority of my information from Peter D' Amato's Savage Garden, but I couldn't find anything to answer my question. What I am wondering is that there are what may be two plants in the pot, or perhaps one plant with a basal shoot. How can I tell the difference? Also, the plant(s) have basically filled the four-inch hanging pot, and the leaves and pitchers are hanging over the edge. Because the plants are new, I would prefer to prevent unnecessary stress. However, are they too large for their pot? Or should I repot them?

Thanks for the probably typical question; I just want to do what is best for my plant and couldn't find any information on the subject.

Cheers,
Kbud (Spekter)
Yeah I dunno why but Lady Luck always seems to come in pairs. I wouldn't worry about them, since the chances that they end up overcrowding the space in the pot is quite low, as Nepenthes are not known for having elaborate root systems. I grew my N. Truncata in a 4inch pot right up until I got about a 9/10" leafspan on the thing, and I only repotted because the media had broken down.
But if for some reasons two plants one pot really bothers you, wait a few months and then repot

+ bulk means that in addition to already-made pack[…]

Ah. I can find him on social media? He is on F[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1649. I'll PM[…]

Chaser, I like that. Order received. Your order n[…]

Finally

Thanks, it is called a Drosera Intermedia. The var[…]

Rain

I agree, Mike. The pools catch pretty good even w[…]

Thank you for donating them!

Sundew in forest

Moving amphibians around is a very bad idea. That'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!