FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By TonyT
Parent plant
Parent plant
Mother Nep Red Leopard.jpg (36.96 KiB) Viewed 1281 times
Cutting from '11
Cutting from '11
Nep RL spring11cutB 08162011.jpg (736.37 KiB) Viewed 1281 times
Cutting from '11
Cutting from '11
Nep RL spring10cutA 08162011.jpg (651.87 KiB) Viewed 1281 times
Mature pitcher from parent plant
Mature pitcher from parent plant
Nep RL mature Pitcher 08162011A.jpg (772.78 KiB) Viewed 1281 times
Hi guys -

I have a couple of Nepenthes "Red Leopard" (N. Maxima X Ventricosa) cuttings I'd like to get rid of because I'm in a tiny Brooklyn apartment and I'm *desperate* for the window space. I took the cuttings in spring this year (March?). So far, one has it's first open pitcher with the second imminent and the other is pretty well into it's first pitcher. I offered 'em for NYC only trade in this forum but only got a couple of bites from folks that wanted me to ship them. Do you guys think the root systems are likely to be established enough to ship? I'd hate for them to croak in transit because I jumped the gun. The first pic is the parent plant, the second is of a cutting from '11, the third is a cutting from '10, the fourth is a mature pitcher from the parent plantand the last is a cutting from '11. (sorry they're in screwy order.. not used to this GUI)

Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice!

Tony T
Attachments:
Cutting from '10
Cutting from '10
Nep RL spring11cutA 08162011.jpg (409.38 KiB) Viewed 1281 times
By snapperhead51
I ship or post hundreds of cutting with no problems ,just as long as you take care of the root ball keep it to gether best you can ,wrap the roots in live or dead sphagnum moss very moist , , put the root ball in one bottom corner of a larger size plastic bag, then the rest of the cutting , with the sphag it make a ball in one corner of the bag, tie the root section off with some plastic coated tie wire , them the rest of the plant cover with the plastic bag , and tie the top . put a tare in the bag and expel the air , and pack in a suitable box , surrounded with scrunched up news paper ,or foam packing balls even shredded paper , so its firm in the box but nor squashed ,may take a few times to get it right but it works for me
J
snapperhead51 liked this
Hello again from Florida

Welcome

Weird Pitchers, advice?

the black absorbs the full spectrum of light makin[…]

Two issues. The only filiformis var Floridana we h[…]

primaflora likes to be almost wet. I keep it in sh[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1671. I'll PM[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1670. I'll PM[…]

Hey everyone! I'm back on my hunt to look for a d[…]

New cultivar potential?

For its stout leaves and proportionately large t[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!