FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By nitsua
Finallly!! Took me a lots of patience!! I'm extremely satisfied with what I paid for!! Especially the DC XL, my dream plant:D The health of the plants are amazingly well! I have potted them in a large pot and turned on a humidifier for them to keep them nice and moist under two fluorescent lights. I would really like to thank Matt for making another international customer happy! I can't thank you enough for the plants!
From now on, I will update my plants here!
Attachments:
IMG_1566.JPG
IMG_1566.JPG (29.34 KiB) Viewed 4558 times
IMG_1567.JPG
IMG_1567.JPG (28.59 KiB) Viewed 4558 times
IMG_1567.JPG
IMG_1567.JPG (28.59 KiB) Viewed 4558 times
IMG_1569.JPG
IMG_1569.JPG (25.65 KiB) Viewed 4558 times
By Matt
Glad that they got there safely and are potted up already!
nitsua wrote:I have potted them in a large pot and turned on a humidifier for them to keep them nice and moist under two fluorescent lights.
That sounds like a good setup. Keep a close eye on them for the first couple of days. If you see any signs of dehydration, it might be advisable to use a humidity dome or cover them with plastic bags. I keep all plants out of tissue culture covered with a plastic bag for the first two weeks.
By nitsua
I woke up 8 in the morning and set them up in a metal rack with a humiditifer covered by two big BBQ plastic cover. I'm thinking the environment should be pretty moist for the baby plants, right Matt?
I will give them about 16 hours of light and have my humifitifer turned on 24/7. Wish my plants the best :D
dracula,look at how many they are!!thanks matt!
dracula,look at how many they are!!thanks matt!
IMG_1580.JPG (40.73 KiB) Viewed 4522 times
DC XL :D
DC XL :D
IMG_1581.JPG (40.77 KiB) Viewed 4522 times
henning's giant
henning's giant
IMG_1582.JPG (39.54 KiB) Viewed 4522 times
UK sawtooth 2 on the very right column,the rest on the left are A2
UK sawtooth 2 on the very right column,the rest on the left are A2
IMG_1583.JPG (33.34 KiB) Viewed 4522 times
By nitsua
Matt wrote:Glad that they got there safely and are potted up already!
nitsua wrote:I have potted them in a large pot and turned on a humidifier for them to keep them nice and moist under two fluorescent lights.
That sounds like a good setup. Keep a close eye on them for the first couple of days. If you see any signs of dehydration, it might be advisable to use a humidity dome or cover them with plastic bags. I keep all plants out of tissue culture covered with a plastic bag for the first two weeks.
Ya Matt, how can I delay anything that I can do for them XD
Ya,I feel like they would love my set up. I have two questions for you Matt. First one is what is your recommendation on watering them? My pot can't be sit in the water, however the pot itself is sitting on a tray of water inside the pot(hope it doesn't sound confusing). Do I top water them or just use spraying method? My second question is what brand do you suggest for pest spray? Perhaps the brand you use personal would be great.Also how do you apply the pest spray, and how often?
Thanks Matt!
By nitsua
0rmus wrote:If you ever decide you have one too many dracula / DC XL / Henning Giant, i'm sure we could come to a mutually beneficial arrangement. :D
definitely!But that is going to take at least half of a year. So far only one clump of henning is dying, but that's about it!
nitsua liked this
By prized
nitsua wrote:
prized wrote:I'm the only who's not able to get live TC plants shippet :(
Sorry to hear that :( Fts international doesn't ship to Italy?

Yes, but after 20 days, plants arrived all dead... :(
By Matt
nitsua wrote:First one is what is your recommendation on watering them?
Water them enough to keep the soil moister than you would for a hardened plant. After a month or so start ratcheting back. I water my plants via the tray method, so I can't speak for how well top watering them will work because I would try to avoid top watering plants newly potted out of TC.
nitsua wrote:My second question is what brand do you suggest for pest spray? Perhaps the brand you use personal would be great.Also how do you apply the pest spray, and how often?
I don't use a pest spray for plants right out of TC. I use an antifungal/antidisease spray on all plants out of tissue culture. It's made by Ortho and it's called Ortho® MAX® Garden Disease Control.
prized wrote:Yes, but after 20 days, plants arrived all dead...
I still need to resend plants to you prized. I plan to do so when I have them re-established in tissue culture. The clones you ordered got contaminated and I haven't been able to resend.
By prized
Matt wrote: I still need to resend plants to you prized. I plan to do so when I have them re-established in tissue culture. The clones you ordered got contaminated and I haven't been able to resend.
Hi Matt, and thank you! But I don't want you to lose other flask...so if you think it wont be possible to send them again without getting them rotten, don't worry ;)
By Matt
I've not had great luck sending flasks to the EU for some reason. I've sent many flasks to southeast Asia (Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, India, etc.) without any real problems. But those going to the EU seem to encounter issues sometimes. I think I can get some to you though without having them die in transit. I will try to resend the WIP Slim Snapper to you when I have some tissue propagated, probably this fall. I had to reinitialize it in tissue culture this spring.
April 2024 Photo Contest - Stuck on You

Much thanks to Optique and what an incredible, hea[…]

Liberation from Lowe’s

Holy moly! Wait that division just happens natural[…]

A question: do sarracenia need intense light dow[…]

Results of self pollinating?

The ovary is 1/2 inch across? Or the umbrella is[…]

Flytrap ID

Bohemian Garnet My BG is young, and there are si[…]

Nwpenthes grow tent help

I haven't tried putting chilled water into the h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!