FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By jazzmine54868
Please help me

About a half hour ago, I read in the lighting forum, that someone was taking their vft outside and bring them in. They were from Canada. I read the article and then went off the forum. Right after I clicked off the forum, I realized I wanted to post something under the same subject matter. But now i cant find the persons topic. I have read all the forums under lighting. -- I live in Minneapolis, MN, the north west side of a apartment complex. I have my plants under a 40 W. fluorecent light(4 inches away from plants) until about 1-130 pm, which i then put them on the balcony outside for the direct sun. (until about 7pm). The person who replied to his topic said, that taking them in and out would cause plant shock. I hope I remembered the reply correctly. So the plants are either suppose to be grown totally inside or totally outside?

Thanks,
Jazzmine54868 :?
By Matt
jazzmine54868 wrote:Is This forum still active?
Yes, but your question was a little less "main stream" and I'm guessing most people didn't want to venture a guess to an answer and I was away from the computer most of the weekend, so I didn't get a chance to respond.
jazzmine54868 wrote:So the plants are either suppose to be grown totally inside or totally outside?
Not really. While flytraps (or any other plant) will likely grow better if they receive constant conditions, I have heard of people successfully supplementing full sun with artificial light. In your case, I don't think it is necessary because they are getting over 4 hours of direct sun already. If it were my plants, I'd probably just leave them outdoors all the time until fall or the first frost came and then I'd move them to their dormancy location for the remainder of winter.
What's Up

The owner of this forum and our gracious overseer […]

bog garden

Alright, $20 is gonna be hard to work with, but he[…]

Should I just leave them be?

I have these Bohemian Garnet's and a yet to be id'[…]

U. bisquamata

Wow!

Fused Tooth Extreme

Nice!

Phyllodia or deformed pitcher

All right, now I'm placing bets whether it's going[…]

My Ginormous pot

I would be also willing to buy some. I have flytra[…]

Those could be a variety of things from a disease,[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!