FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By ThomasL
Hello Matt

It's a nice clone. Does it makes over the whole year These traps? Are there any Mutationen of the traps?
Master of disaster is a part of the mirror. Master of disaster makes more deformations at the trap.

Like These
IMG_9847.JPG
IMG_9847.JPG (89.14 KiB) Viewed 4675 times
Bye Thomas
By Matt
ThomasL wrote:Does it makes over the whole year These traps?
Yes, this year it did.
ThomasL wrote:Are there any Mutationen of the traps?
Not that I've noticed. The traps are all functional, but all have flanges on both sides.
ThomasL wrote:Master of disaster is a part of the mirror.
Thanks for letting us know that Thomas! Someone in this thread had asked that and I suspected it might be, but I wasn't sure. Do you know the history of Master of Disaster, such as its parentage (is it Mirror x Mirror?) or who named it?
By ThomasL
i'm not sure about the history of master of disaster, but i'm sure it was not a cross of mirror x mirror.
When i remember right it was a selection of mirror.
Let me know if you have a spare for me. ;)

bye Thomas
By malika621
ironjaws wrote:
sbrooks wrote:OK, I got it. Dim the lights.............drum roll.................Spot light........... "Trinity"
Damn, that is a GREAT name. I'll vote for "Trinity" :) .
Agreed! There's my vote :D Nice name suggestion, sbrooks!
malika621 liked this
By BrunoL
I agree with Snap Traps!! FTS Predator is a great name!! But I suggest not putting the two flytraps (Alien/Predator) together. They might attack each other...... :)
BrunoL liked this
By xr280xr
Grimhilde's Muse

(Mirror x Mirror on the wall ...though technically I'm not sure that version of the queen ever actually said "mirror mirror")
By Matt
The plant is a bit slow coming out of dormancy. It also just put up a flower stalk which I cut off on Wednesday to tissue culture. There is now one fully formed trap that just opened and I was excited to see that it too has the flanges on both sides of the trap.

I'll post some updates soon when the plant puts out a few more. I see a couple more traps emerging that look like they'll also have the flanges.
By Wikiwakawakawee
Matt wrote:The plant is a bit slow coming out of dormancy. It also just put up a flower stalk which I cut off on Wednesday to tissue culture. There is now one fully formed trap that just opened and I was excited to see that it too has the flanges on both sides of the trap.

I'll post some updates soon when the plant puts out a few more. I see a couple more traps emerging that look like they'll also have the flanges.
That sounds awesome! :D I still haven't gotten any traps that have the flanges on my mirror vft's, they kinda just look like typicals :| Is there a certain time they grow with the flanges, or is it just sporadic?
By LAKJP
Wikiwakawakawee wrote:
Matt wrote:The plant is a bit slow coming out of dormancy. It also just put up a flower stalk which I cut off on Wednesday to tissue culture. There is now one fully formed trap that just opened and I was excited to see that it too has the flanges on both sides of the trap.

That sounds awesome! :D I still haven't gotten any traps that have the flanges on my mirror vft's, they kinda just look like typicals :| Is there a certain time they grow with the flanges, or is it just sporadic?
Mine too! That aside, is that Obito?

@Matt : how does 'Mirror' compare to Mirror x Mirror in terms of trap size, growth habit and vigor?
By Matt
Wikiwakawakawee wrote:I still haven't gotten any traps that have the flanges on my mirror vft's, they kinda just look like typicals Is there a certain time they grow with the flanges, or is it just sporadic?
It seems really sporadic. Many of our Mirror flytraps aren't showing any flanging right now. And I haven't really noticed any sort of pattern to when the flanges are made more often or when the traps look more normal.
LAKJP wrote:@Matt : how does 'Mirror' compare to Mirror x Mirror in terms of trap size, growth habit and vigor?
Mirror is a quite vigorous flytrap with average to slightly above average sized traps. The Mirror x Mirror has only been out of tissue culture for about a year now, so I haven't really been able to observe it for a full growing season yet (and it's fairly small still too). This year I should be able to say more about the plant, but so far it seems very comparable to Mirror in terms of growth habit and vigor.

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!