FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By DTDream18
I just got back from Lowes with my wife. Of course I checked to see if they had any VFT's in stock. I was quite surprised to find they had some flytraps in very large plastic cubes.
Beleive me when I tell you some of them were monster size. I've never seen anything this big in any stores before. I didn't buy one ... although I'm thinking of going back and picking one up. The Lowes was in Jersey City New Jersey. But I'm sure other Lowes probably have them too.
DTDream18 liked this
By David F
How big, the cubes don't allow for much room?
By DTDream18
This wasn't the typical size cube. It was a very large cube. About 3 times the size of the typical death cube. Some of the traps were on very long stalks. Monster sized traps.
By dantt99
Awesome, you should pick one up. I was at the Home Depot last week, and they had some regular sized cubes, and I was feeling the need to buy one, but I didn't. I want to try and go back, as the plants themselves are in good shape (1 inch traps, about 8-10 leaves), but the environment they were in was terrible. They were crammed behind a bunch of crap, weren't getting any direct light, and the pots were about 1.5 inches deep, also in death cubes.
I'll probably go back and get one soon, they are nice plants in need of a home, and for 5 bucks, what a deal! :D
By David F
I havn't any good experiences from either Lowe's or HomeDepo. So for now I think I will refrain, unless trully compelled, next time I stop by.

Usually a trip to one of these stores results in a trip to the other. Just because I like to price check/find a better item. Plus they are both on my way to the pet store which I visit every 1-2 weeks. So I'll let you guys know if I see any.

It would be pretty convienent to buy at a store, since you can get exactly what you want the most. Its to bad no stores in Utah specialize in Carn. plants, most all of the plants sold, are practically jokes, at your local convience store. :( Cactus and tropicals provides good conditions, but their selection is well, pretty much nothing.
By victor
You can get some really healthy plants from Lowes. But they will need time to recover and adapt.
By Mannex
One time I bought a flytrap from Home Depot and it grew fantastically over the summer and ended up looking great.

I may have gotten to it early after they stocked it though so it might have been fresh and healthy still.
By David F
Agreed I wanna see the really big ones, I plan on a trip to both Home Depo and Lowe's I'll bring my camera if my dad lets me. :)
By David F
I went yesterday, they didn't have anything in stock, you might just have a lucky area.
By victor
Where I live they only have CP in stock from may to november.
But from may to july it's all VFT. You have to wait until august to get the drosera and sarracenia.

Order received. Your order number is 1672. I'll PM[…]

Nepenthes cold shock?

Hi there! I’m new to carnivorous plants and […]

Hello again from Florida

Welcome

Weird Pitchers, advice?

the black absorbs the full spectrum of light makin[…]

primaflora likes to be almost wet. I keep it in sh[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1671. I'll PM[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1670. I'll PM[…]

Hey everyone! I'm back on my hunt to look for a d[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!