FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By Shadowtski
Hi Ping People!

My P. cyclosecta and P. moranensis f "Vera Paz" are starting to wake up.

I took 4 succulent leaf pullings from each one today. I used one hand/thumb to hold the pot and hold down the plant while I pulled off the leaf with surgical forceps in the other hand, so I didn't uproot my plants when I did the pullings.

I pressed the pullings into the media in the same pot with the parent plant. The torn end is even with the top level of the media, not covered or buried. The pot is not covered or bagged.

I have no need for more Pings. I'm doing this as a learning experience. So if I end up with any new Pinglets, I'll probably do a giveaway this Fall, or when they're big enough to leave home.

This is my first attempt at Ping propagation so I'm asking for advice. Did I miss anything? Does anyone have suggestions to improve my chances of success?

Thank you.

Good growing,
Mike
P. cyclosecta with leaf pullings
P. cyclosecta with leaf pullings
DSC07215.JPG (329.02 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
Shadowtski liked this
By xr280xr
Sounds right. I've tried burying them and tried them in sphagnum moss and what works the best for me is literally just sitting it on top of the soil...maybe with the tip slightly down in a nook. Now just forget about them for a few weeks and check back later.
xr280xr liked this
By Bhart90
Yea mike, no art to it
Bhart90 liked this
By Shadowtski
Raistlarn wrote:You can also put ping leaf pullings on a moist paper towel in a Ziploc bag until they start developing roots & leaves. Then you plant them like normal.
OK, I pulled a leaf from my cyclosecta and two leaves from my moranensis. I'll try your suggestion with these three and see how they compare.

Thanks

Good growing,
Mike
By nate7891
Everything going well for you so far? I'm considering doing some pullings in the next week.
By Bob Beer
Looks fine to me. I haven't tried them in ziploc bags but I can say that when I covered the tops of pulling pots/flats with plastic to raise humidity, they always rotted on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andynorth's Grow/want list

Not the actual plant. Just a pic of what Matt has.[…]

please and thank you :D

Trying My Hand With TC

Sweet. I will check them out.

Certainly. I used to live in Springwood, middle bl[…]

Hi from FNQ.

I've been keeping all types of CP's for most of th[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Hi from MD!

Hi, I’ve grown vfts on and off since the 198[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!