FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Alex
Hello fellow growers!
Here in America we have a saying, the larger the better! So, with that, I'd love to see some pictures of your largest flytraps. A measurement with a ruler would rock too! :D
Last edited by Alex on Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Leo756
These are the largest traps I've had so far this season. Not too shabby I guess when you consider what a rough start most of my plants had getting going a couple months ago: http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/catas ... 23442.html

Big Vigorous
Big Vigorous.JPG
Big Vigorous.JPG (116.8 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
Grun
Grun.JPG
Grun.JPG (101.22 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
B52
B52.jpg
B52.jpg (123.66 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
By Leo756
Thanks, Matt. I certainly haven't been expecting very much this year after the catastrophic start I had at the beginning of May, so it's, like, all gravy now! Or should I say groovy?! :P
By Alex
No Ruler, but here is my largest trap. It's about the size of a quarter. It's a B52. Can't wait till they get up to 2 inches. Wonder how long that will take.
By Leo756
Mine barely got about an inch long the first growing season, but after 2-3 years, they've been gradually getting bigger. Yours has nice coloration, Alex. Most of mine don't usually get that red, probably because I live in the middle of the woods and they only get about six hours of direct sunlight while it's directly straight up overhead above the deck. They *do* get more red color in the fall when I bring them indoors and put them under artificial lights, but after what happened with that this past spring, I'll be afraid to do that anymore. :(
Last edited by Leo756 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Alex
Thanks! Yours look great too! I've realized that for me they became more red when I put them outside. But then again when they were inside, they just sat on a ledge near a window. No lights or anything. I'm hoping some bigger traps will eventually come out though.
Traps curling after closing/eating

Hi! My name is Erika, and I’m a newbie when […]

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!