FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By thatonechick371
Just got these guys a couple days ago, and they are so tiny lol. I was told that they are a year old. They are in tiny little dixie type plastic cups. I plan to repot them but was waiting until closer to fall or winter so I dont stress them out too much (they are getting used to our weather here and currently i am slowly introducing them to partial sun). Just wanted to show them off a bit and see what you all think about thier size vs age. Image

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
By boarderlib
It's hard to compare size to age with a lot of these plants. If they were seed grown they will grow a lot slower. If they were propagated via a small piece of plant they'll grow a little faster. If they were propagated using a mature leaf or pitcher, they'll usually grow at an exponential rate.

They look fairly good though. The one on the right seems to be dividing like crazy. I can see at least three growth points there. So it looks like you're doing a pretty good job.

Keep us posted on how they do.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
By thatonechick371
boarderlib wrote:It's hard to compare size to age with a lot of these plants. If they were seed grown they will grow a lot slower. If they were propagated via a small piece of plant they'll grow a little faster. If they were propagated using a mature leaf or pitcher, they'll usually grow at an exponential rate.

They look fairly good though. The one on the right seems to be dividing like crazy. I can see at least three growth points there. So it looks like you're doing a pretty good job.

Keep us posted on how they do.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Okay, thanks for the info!! I will definitely update this post in a few months :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sneeze

Can uv light harm peat moss spores??

3500k growleds for flytraps?

NASC Auction

I've donated a Drosera regia and a Drosera magnifi[…]

Help! My VFT is dying

What about the good Looking ones. Will they go D[…]

Water Quality

I used to have a pool/spa at my house in CA. The[…]

the rhizome is fine and the tiny roots are still[…]

Order received from LazyDaisy (1) SD Kronos. Paid […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!