FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Mufasa
I bought this typical VFT about 9 months ago, shortly after buying it, it went into dormancy, and it was in a fairly small pot for most of the time
about 40-50 days ago, it started to grow again, out of dormancy, and just by coincidence, i decided to re-pot it (coincidence being that it seems the best time to re-pot is as they are coming out of dormancy)

i think this plant really liked the re-potitng, because i think it has atleast doubled in size since last year, and a few days ago i noticed this explosion of really awesome erect trap leaves forming (you can clearly see in the picture), last year there were none of these erect leaves

i suspect that there is atleast 2 divisions growing in there, due to the chaotic distribution of the leaves, but i think it looks much better than the typical star-like pattern from most VFT's, so i might try to preserve it

the traps rarely get any food (i guess there's a slight breeze where i keep it that keeps flies away), and i don't hand feed it, but it seems to be doing really well
the brown/green stuff in the bottom left is some moss that i tried to salvage from the old pot, doesnt seem to be doing as well... any suggestions?
WP_20141102_001.jpg
WP_20141102_001.jpg (185.04 KiB) Viewed 2594 times
full size:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/downl ... p?id=29906
might post some pictures of my other plants later on, but this is my biggest/healthiest right now :)
Mufasa, Mufasa liked this
By MrsMuscipula
That is definitely a happy VFT, congratulations!

I wouldn't worry about the moss. If you're trying to grow a live sphagnum culture, I would do that separately.
By Mufasa
Nope, it's not sphagnum, it's similar to the sort of moss you might find growing between bricks and stuff, if you can see the container with shadecloth behind it, that's full of live sphag
By Anthony
very nice looking VFT
By Kevonicus
Flytraps love that spag! Nice looking flytrap thats for sure. I've been leaving some of my plants (that i really should divide) alone cause I like the look as well :) I'd just replace that algae covered sphagnum with some fresh stuff.
By Mufasa
lol, lately, there has been a few big juicy grubs on my tomato plants, this plant is large enough to eat them, have fed 2 or 3 large grubs to it so far, will see how it responds.

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!