FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By pelagia_brown
Oh it's okay, I didn't though that you said something bad, I just wanted to know what this means haha. I was actually surprised myself for that store to get that good quality plants. I wasn't expecting that, hope to make it last. Have a nice day.
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:
pelagia_brown wrote:Sorry. I didn't understand. :(
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:That's a pretty typical. I'm a little jealous.
its a joke. if you don't have a registered cultivar like a B52, its called a typical. some typicals are a lot nicer than other typicals. the venus fly traps you get from lowes and Walmart are typicals. I have a bunch of typicals. nothing wrong with them
By pelagia_brown
What is this in her leafs? She had those when I got her
Attachments:
Is that normal??!
Is that normal??!
20170909_192648.jpg (862.88 KiB) Viewed 1723 times
By Fly Trap Hunter
pelagia_brown wrote:What is this in her leafs? She had those when I got her
it might have dried out a little or
the leaves look that way when they get old and start to die. The fresh new growth looks great though. The new growth is what you should watch.
there are fly trap care tutorials on the forum site. Its :D helpful to read those
Fly Trap Hunter liked this
By pelagia_brown
They are not dry so they're probably dying. I just got stressed cause I though it was mineral burn. Thank you for your reply. I read about flytrap's care but because you mention it I will read other topics too, to know what the traps/leafs need to look like and stuff. Thank you again so much. :)
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:
the leaves look that way when they get old and start to die. The fresh new growth looks great though. The new growth is what you should watch.
there are fly trap care tutorials on the forum site. Its :D helpful to read those
By Fly Trap Hunter
pelagia_brown wrote:They are not dry so they're probably dying. I just got stressed cause I though it was mineral burn. Thank you for your reply. I read about flytrap's care but because you mention it I will read other topics too, to know what the traps/leafs need to look like and stuff. Thank you again so much. :)
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:
I read the care instructions and I still get stuff wrong sometimes. that's why we are here for each other. Venus Fly Traps are tough. just give lots of sun and rain or distilled water and don't let them dry out. They go dormant like perennials and pop back in the Spring. you just have to make adjustments depending on where you live. We are all cheering for you and Michelle!
Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!