FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By erikHIplants
:lol: found this ingrown flower just hanging out next to the D. spatulata leaves
Attachments:
FullSizeRender 4.jpg
FullSizeRender 4.jpg (295.8 KiB) Viewed 2470 times
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (300.5 KiB) Viewed 2470 times
By Fishman
What, wow haha! I have on occasion had some of my flower stalks wrap circles around the plants before, instead of growing upright, keeping the flowers close to the plant itself. They look very similar to how yours looks in that pic. Definitely is a neat little sight to see :)
Fishman liked this
By erikHIplants
Fishman wrote:What, wow haha! I have on occasion had some of my flower stalks wrap circles around the plants before, instead of growing upright, keeping the flowers close to the plant itself. They look very similar to how yours looks in that pic. Definitely is a neat little sight to see :)
Very cool. I definitely did not expect to see a flower there. It was a nice surprise :D
By boarderlib
Great pic! I've had them twist up and be inches away, but that's just cool. Nice looking plant too, there's what 3 or 4 growth points?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
By erikHIplants
boarderlib wrote:Great pic! I've had them twist up and be inches away, but that's just cool. Nice looking plant too, there's what 3 or 4 growth points?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Thanks! Yup there are four growth points on this one. Looks like the smallest one failed at getting its stalk out there.

It would be cool if drosera flowers grew like this more often (probably wouldn't benefit the plants lol)
By Tarzanus
It happened to me when I had mites and aphids infestation. Most of them went for the upper part of the flower stalk which made it swirl this way.

Flowers managed to set seeds normally.
By erikHIplants
Shadowtski wrote:My Drosera capensis "Bain's Kloof" sent up a second flower stalk and it was very similar to your picture. I haven't jumped in, cut it off, and seen if it produced any seed from this second stalk.

Good growing,
Mike
Im not too worried about the spatulata seed, by far the weediest in my collection :lol: I usually cut the flower stalks but I left this one in because it is a nice anomaly.
By erikHIplants
Tarzanus wrote:It happened to me when I had mites and aphids infestation. Most of them went for the upper part of the flower stalk which made it swirl this way.

Flowers managed to set seeds normally.
No mites or aphids on this plant, majority of my drosera are grown indoors, thanks for the heads up though :D
Hello from New England

Greetings from another New Englanda’

Finally!!! Rain!!!!

8s, keep looking on Craig's List and any local &qu[…]

I heard that keeping your Venus fly trap outdoors […]

Input on Neps placement

Would you folks recommend putting my plants outdoo[…]

should be fine, springtails make their way into co[…]

I have a Viparspectra v1000 in my grow area, about[…]

I notice that the tds readings of my tapwater can […]

New to carnivorous plants!

I wonder if the fibers death cube traps come in no[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!