FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Got a carnivorous plant and you don't know what it is? Ask here!

Moderator: Matt

By AaaaNinja
The red on the leaves is a common Nepenthes fungal pathogen that is normally not harmful, but can get worse when the plant becomes stressed. Normally it stays on the older leaves but spreads to newer ones. When it improves, the newer leaves coming in will stay green. If you say the plant doesn't look too good, the amount of red confirms that it has been under stress. The new leaves look pretty good. If you take good care of it then it should be strong enough to keep it from spreading further.

If have a cutting that turned almost completely red in just a few days. But it rooted and I planted it and all OK the new growth stayed green, it stayed on the main original leaves and stem.

Keep it in a place with good air flow and plenty of light. If you want to try a fungicide, use sulfer-based only, or see if you can find a systemic fungicide. I don't know what off-the-shelf kind is available because whatever nurseries use is like some kind of specialty product from places that sell to nurseries. You can also just aim to make sure it's in ideal conditions so that it stays healthy.
AaaaNinja liked this

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!