FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Anthony
then last week, I ordered these lol. and a N. macrophylla on the way.
these just arrived freshly potted up

IMG_4098.jpg
IMG_4098.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 1674 times
By omnipercp15
I had a similar moratorium for myself, too, especially since it was getting to winter. I didn't want to buy some Nepenthes and then have to over-winter them inside.

But lo and behold, I gave in one rainy day, and went to the local nursery where I knew they had some. The employee was trying to talk me into getting them, since it's the end of the season and they wanted to move that stock or else they would be the ones overwintering them.

I began to look and sure enough, there were 3 plants that were just looking great and calling out to me, but decided to get 2 only. At the checkout, the cashier gave an unexpected 25% off for coming out in the rain and buying them (and of course, end of season). The discount was almost the same price as one more of the smaller plants, but I decided to resist.
By Anthony
its tough. Even though I am very happy with my plant collection now, theres a few that are on my wanted list. N Macrophylla is 1 of those. I somehow found myself on CZplants. which I ordered a few Neps from before, and noticed they are/were available now. AND because of the €/$ exchange right now, this plant thats I considered unaffordable is very much affordable. It should arrive in a week or so

The 3 pictured above are interesting hybrids, that I can't wait to see them grow up
By Anthony
omnipercp15 wrote:I had a similar moratorium for myself, too, especially since it was getting to winter. I didn't want to buy some Nepenthes and then have to over-winter them inside.

But lo and behold, I gave in one rainy day, and went to the local nursery where I knew they had some. The employee was trying to talk me into getting them, since it's the end of the season and they wanted to move that stock or else they would be the ones overwintering them.

I began to look and sure enough, there were 3 plants that were just looking great and calling out to me, but decided to get 2 only. At the checkout, the cashier gave an unexpected 25% off for coming out in the rain and buying them (and of course, end of season). The discount was almost the same price as one more of the smaller plants, but I decided to resist.
Just curious, what plants did you score?

Thanks! Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Black tips on drosera regia

It's probably nothing, as the whole plant seems to[…]

Hello from Arkansas!

Welcome to the forum!

Yellowish leaves on N. ventrata

My 'Mimis Kiss' is finally growing pitchers again[…]

Hello , I can help with the Drosera if you are sti[…]

First flower stalk on VFT

I might let the biggest flower stalk flower but c[…]

I repotted some of the vft's from the flower stal[…]

Is this a steal?

The first one is a Nepenthes x 'Ventrata' like Pan[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!