FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Rmac88
Just went to Lowes yesterday, came home with yet another new addition!

I have been looking for these since spring started and can't wait to see them grow! After I got it unpotted I noticed it was actually two separate plants!

By LAKJP
Very nice! They'll look even better in your care from now on :D
By cdelavan
Great find! I just bought me a slew of newly arrived VFTs from Lowe's. I had to clean them up a bit due to some rot that was present but they're potted in fresh LFSM and will hopefully make a nice recovery in the coming weeks.
By Rmac88
cdelavan wrote:Great find! I just bought me a slew of newly arrived VFTs from Lowe's. I had to clean them up a bit due to some rot that was present but they're potted in fresh LFSM and will hopefully make a nice recovery in the coming weeks.
Oh im sure they will! About three weeks ago I bought some vfts from Lowe's and now I can tell they are getting settled in nicely! Each of the four I got are putting up between 2 and 4 new traps now

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
By dmagnan
They look healthy but really light starved, which is pretty typical for plants from Lowe's. IN case you haven't already heard this, I would be careful to slowly introduce them to sunlight. If you just stick them right out in full sun it could hurt them. Start with a week of mostly shade (1 hour direct sun a day), then a little more, then full sun. The plant will thank you.
By Rmac88
dmagnan wrote:They look healthy but really light starved, which is pretty typical for plants from Lowe's. IN case you haven't already heard this, I would be careful to slowly introduce them to sunlight. If you just stick them right out in full sun it could hurt them. Start with a week of mostly shade (1 hour direct sun a day), then a little more, then full sun. The plant will thank you.
Tyvm for the advice! I will definitely be cautious with them :-)

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Oh gee I have another question. Sorry for stinkin […]

Order received. Your order number is 1649. I'll PM[…]

Chaser, I like that. Order received. Your order n[…]

Finally

Thanks, it is called a Drosera Intermedia. The var[…]

+1 for Lee's. The only catch is that he only wor[…]

Rain

I agree, Mike. The pools catch pretty good even w[…]

Thank you for donating them!

Sundew in forest

Moving amphibians around is a very bad idea. That'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!