FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Greenleaf_999
received a big mouth from Jeremiah Harris. Now I’m waiting for the plants to settle in. This will be a very painful and slow process. I’m not a very patient person as it is. This had better be worth it.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By MikeB
This is normal for Jeremiah's plants at this time of year. He's selling dormant plants, and they usually look a bit gnarled. Let them finish with dormancy and you'll get a nice surprise in the spring.
Panman liked this
By Greenleaf_999
andynorth wrote:Looks like it is going dormant to me. Is that the Jeremiah from the web site?
It’s from the carnivorous plant resource website, he sells his plants on there too. That’s where I got it, it was worth it. I’m running out of media. It ain’t cheap either. I have no money. So I have to figure out what to do.

By Greenleaf_999
MikeB wrote:This is normal for Jeremiah's plants at this time of year. He's selling dormant plants, and they usually look a bit gnarled. Let them finish with dormancy and you'll get a nice surprise in the spring.
I figured as much that they were dormant. They look fine. Only time will tell on how large the plants actually get. I’ve had larger cultivars, spider mites weren’t too kind to them. I never had a big mouth though. I’m waiting to see how nice it looks. So I’ve heard it’s the cousin of the b52

By andynorth
Greenleaf_999 wrote: It’s from the carnivorous plant resource website, he sells his plants on there too.
That's what I meant. He does have some nice looking plants there.
By Greenleaf_999
andynorth wrote:
Greenleaf_999 wrote: It’s from the carnivorous plant resource website, he sells his plants on there too.
That's what I meant. He does have some nice looking plants there.
He sure does! I’m sure the plant will make a full recovery. Just gotta make sure it sits in RO water at all times. Keep the light going and keep the area clean, along with the container it sits in. Basic things honestly.

I won’t even have a Christmas because of how broke I am. The plant was bought with a little extra money I had lying around on another account I had.

I have to keep my head up. And keep trying to find things that make me happy as well.

By DragonsEye
If the plants are sold to you as dormant, I would try to keep them dormant until the spring, unless you live in a really warm, sunny climate, otherwise give them a chance to get their full dormancy in.
tommyr liked this
By andynorth
Jeremiah's YouTube Video. He apparently started growing @ 5 years old. Lives with his parents on his grandfathers land in CO. He is about 32 years old and travels the world looking for rare carnivorous plants. It is amazing what one can do with unlimited resources.
https://youtu.be/OICshA-apao?si=NGTbpuwTR2RM_iiQ
By Intheswamp
andynorth wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:22 pm Jeremiah's YouTube Video. He apparently started growing @ 5 years old. Lives with his parents on his grandfathers land in CO. He is about 32 years old and travels the world looking for rare carnivorous plants. It is amazing what one can do with unlimited resources.
https://youtu.be/OICshA-apao?si=NGTbpuwTR2RM_iiQ
Not really. It's what people can do with *limited* resources that is amazing. ;)
andynorth liked this

should be fine, springtails make their way into co[…]

I have a Viparspectra v1000 in my grow area, about[…]

Hello from New England

Welcome

Finally!!! Rain!!!!

You should check Craig's List for plastic, food-g[…]

I notice that the tds readings of my tapwater can […]

New to carnivorous plants!

I wonder if the fibers death cube traps come in no[…]

CalCarn Hitchhiker

It's too soon to be able to provide a positive ID.[…]

The "Bisnick" mini bog

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!