FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By JohnnyZ
Hello there, so after a few years of not growing VFTs, the bug has come back and I decided to give it another try. I've been reading up and doing my homework this time around so hopefully I won't make any more amateur mistakes. I ordered a couple of bare root plants from Flytrapstore.com and they are arriving tomorrow. I read that submerging the roots in some sort of rooting hormone solution for 15 minutes helps the plants get over transplant shock more quickly. I have some liquid Hormex Growth Hormone that appears to have the same ingredients as Superthrive (since it is apparently illegal to buy in Minnesota) and I was wondering if it will be safe for my plants? The directions say to use 2 tablespoons of Hormex per gallon of water... anyone know if that is too much or does anyone have any other suggestions of what amount to use? any help would be appreciated!

John
By Matt
Hello and welcome to FlytrapCare John! Glad to have you on board :)

Flytraps are very resilient little plants and they don't mind too much being uprooted and repotted. I can't really say if the rooting hormone soak would help them get over transplant shock more quickly or not. It could be worth investigating. But I can say that they'll almost certainly be fine without it and will resume vigorous growth in 2 to 3 weeks after being repotted provided that they're well cared for.
Hello again from Florida

Welcome

Weird Pitchers, advice?

the black absorbs the full spectrum of light makin[…]

Two issues. The only filiformis var Floridana we h[…]

primaflora likes to be almost wet. I keep it in sh[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1671. I'll PM[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1670. I'll PM[…]

Hey everyone! I'm back on my hunt to look for a d[…]

New cultivar potential?

For its stout leaves and proportionately large t[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!