FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By konstargirl
Hi guys my name is Olivia and I came here to get some advice on my venus fly trap. tehee I had it for a few weeks now. My sister bought two little pots of venus fly traps from Home depot where she works. They are starting t out grow their pot and we are planning to move them to a bigger pot. We don't know where to get the peat moss they need so maybe this forum could help??

A little bit about myself, I live in Chicago USA and I have lupus for about 5 years. I was diagnose at 13. I'm 19 now.I have non plants I care for too. I have one cat name Misa and two fish tanks(one 5 gallon betta tank name Nikki and 1 10gallon tank with one one eye betta boy name Chichiri and 4 cories) ^_^

Well thats me.
By Matt
Hello and welcome to FlytrapCare Olivia!
konstargirl wrote:We don't know where to get the peat moss they need so maybe this forum could help??
Peat moss that is not enriched with fertilizer can be hard to find in some areas of the United States. It seems that many larger chains, like Home Depot, only stock Miracle Gro brand peat moss, which contains fertilizer and will kill flytraps.

Try checking a local nursery and see if they have some peat moss and perlite that is not enriched with fertilizers. Good luck!
By jimlard
Hello Olivia, welcome to the forum, I hope you find some Peat moss soon :D
By sundew
welcome and good luck finding peat moss.
By konstargirl
thanks guys.

Now I saw on home depots website, they had the peat moss called Lambert 3.0 cu. ft. Compressed Sphagnum Peat Moss and Miracle grow sphagnum peat miss. I was wondering which one of these is the lack of nutrition moss they need? Thanks
By pieguy452
Welcome to flytrapcare!
Liberation from Lowe’s

Holy moly! Wait that division just happens natural[…]

A question: do sarracenia need intense light dow[…]

Results of self pollinating?

The ovary is 1/2 inch across? Or the umbrella is[…]

Flytrap ID

Bohemian Garnet My BG is young, and there are si[…]

Nwpenthes grow tent help

I haven't tried putting chilled water into the h[…]

any notes or tips would be helpful prop/ seed star[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!