FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Swizzy
Hello I been getting this problem in the photo. It on the surface of the soil as well. I have reduced the watering. And Sprayed them twice with Provado ultimate fruit and vegetable bug killer. No luck any help or idea on what it is.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fmkj6aeo7ytzd ... 5.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/przsel88t496g ... 1.jpg?dl=0
By tommyr
What kind of water are you using? It kind of looks to me like mineral deposits.
By treez
Yeah it looks like some type of mineral deposit to me. I would make sure to use only distilled water and I might think about switching to a plastic pot or one that is glazed.on the inside. you might run the risk of minerals from the Terra cotta pot leaching into the soil. But that is just me, I am not as experienced as many of the other growers here.
By tish
Can you keep the pot dry from water and water tray for a while to see if those are mould, they will disappear in drier conditions.
By Swizzy
tish wrote:Can you keep the pot dry from water and water tray for a while to see if those are mould, they will disappear in drier conditions.
Thank you. I have put them out side seem to be better more air flow. As it had this mould on a window shill in my room where it gets really hot and cold quick and humidity in mornings are high as I sleep in a small room with 1 other person. I just hope it's not to cold for them . and the light I put them under is doing them good. It seems the pither plant is getting legie. But I dont know what thay grow like. Thank you!
Watering my Venus Flytrap

I rarely see white deposits on pots. I read on the[…]

Water Quality

So I tested my water using a aquarium strips and w[…]

I wonder if you could mix a small amount of the […]

I would only use a water trey for peat/perlite. LF[…]

Flytrap Growth

Nice pic!

Red meat viability claims

This is a good example of a “predatory&rdquo[…]

Dan V and ITS, I followed and bookmarked the links[…]

Drosera seeds in water?

I did not think drosera needed to be water stratif[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!