FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By LSU Kid
So. I received the Green Dragon from flytrapstore ten days ago. (I'm surprised it has been that long. Times flies when you are having fun etc.) The largest of the traps is opening up and it is gorgeous. It got a bit more sun than I wanted it to yesterday. Stormed the day before, then the sun was killer yesterday. I moved it into the garage when I got home, but like I said, it got more sun than I wanted it to. I'm not sure how much sun they get in Oregon, but I'm trying to acclimate them slowly to my weather in south Louisiana. It is overcast today, checked on everybody in the garden when I got home, and I didn't have much to do except take this picture. I really like the colors.
Attachments:
IMG_3975a.jpg
IMG_3975a.jpg (43.19 KiB) Viewed 1289 times
By Matt
Gorgeous! Thanks for posting the photo and sharing the beauty :) Green Dragon is one of my favorite red-leafed flytrap varieties. It's a vigorous plant with large traps, a good seeder and an overall nice plant!
LSU Kid wrote:I'm not sure how much sun they get in Oregon
Most springs we don't get a ton. But this year we've had an unusually warm and sunny spring. Most of they flytraps are well on their way out of dormancy and some even have flowers opening already! But anytime a flytrap is uprooted and repotted and sent somewhere new, care should be taken to slowly acclimate it to new conditions. Sound like you're on it!
Matt liked this
Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

So I live in central Arkansas, and I want to grow […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I would give it a bit more shade but it doesn't ne[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!