FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Raistlarn
Just do what Branmuffin said. Keep the plants in bright light, and their soil damp. You can accomplish that by keeping them in ~1" of distilled/RO/rain water, and putting them in the sun if your outside conditions are good.
Raistlarn liked this
By Nightwing42540
Raistlarn wrote:Just do what Branmuffin said. Keep the plants in bright light, and their soil damp. You can accomplish that by keeping them in ~1" of distilled/RO/rain water, and putting them in the sun if your outside conditions are good.
One more question, is that good enough light? (by the way im in Miami so the temperature is similar to North and South Carolina)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
By idog24
They should be put outside as they are not an indoor plant! But if you have to keep them inside until temps reach a suitable range, they'll be fine until such time. One other note, make sure the water is distilled, rainwater, or RO (these are all different names for the same thing but they indicate the methods behind how to obtain pure water).
By Nightwing42540
idog24 wrote:They should be put outside as they are not an indoor plant! But if you have to keep them inside until temps reach a suitable range, they'll be fine until such time. One other note, make sure the water is distilled, rainwater, or RO (these are all different names for the same thing but they indicate the methods behind how to obtain pure water).
Can you leave them in direct sunlight the entire day?

By Earthy
Nightwing42540 wrote:
idog24 wrote:They should be put outside as they are not an indoor plant! But if you have to keep them inside until temps reach a suitable range, they'll be fine until such time. One other note, make sure the water is distilled, rainwater, or RO (these are all different names for the same thing but they indicate the methods behind how to obtain pure water).

yes they can be in direct sun all day. these are not shade-loving plants unless the temps get too hot while in full sun. then they appreciate a little shade...
By Nightwing42540
Earthy wrote:
Nightwing42540 wrote:

yes they can be in direct sun all day. these are not shade-loving plants unless the temps get too hot while in full sun. then they appreciate a little shade...
Im just going to put them in the shade mid day

By idog24
VFTs love the sun! But if you like you can keep them in shade part of the day to acclimatize them. But eventually they should be getting 10+ hours of sunlight a day!
By Nightwing42540
idog24 wrote:VFTs love the sun! But if you like you can keep them in shade part of the day to acclimatize them. But eventually they should be getting 10+ hours of sunlight a day!
At what temperature should I put them in the shade?

Help! My VFT is dying

So i can keep all vft outside 24/7 in zone 6?

St. Patrick’s Beard

Hasn’t made a normal trap in FOREVERR, can f[…]

FTS Archangel

:P

Triton

Amazing as always, wish it had color though ;)

GJ Goliath

Let’s try this again.

Korean Melody Shark

Smol

Sounds like it should be about the same thing. M[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!