FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By Leathal_Traps
Hey guys, for months i've been looking for a good LED light to help my plants grow. I've asked people for suggestions, but they never help. I looking for help that is useful. I want to buy lead lights( under 80$), but that will help my sarrs, nepenthes, drosera, and vtf's grow. Any suggestions?
By cyph3r_gfy
The problem is, there aren't very many quality LED grow lights for under 80$. At least, not many that would give you a decent amount of coverage.

The fixture you are considering should work extremely well. I've been more than satisfied with past purchases from htg.
By Rmac88
I bought a 2foot 4 bulb ho fixture from htg supply and am more than happy with it. I have 6 plants so far under it and they all are responding very well, so the 4 foot you are looking at should give you really nice coverage!
By parker679
In my opinion for that price you can buy a pair of 4 foot 2 bulb T8 sets with bulbs from your local hardware store. This will give you more area to put plants under.

T8's have been pretty well established to grow plants indoors and don't have the heat issues a T5HO can have so you can put the plants closer.

But in case you've already purchased it, I think the light you posted will work just fine.
By Leathal_Traps
I'm planning to get one bulb of each, to encourage growth and coloration, is this ok?
By Sander
Yes, that is the most common approach.
I just finished my 10w leds today, and freaking hell they are bright, but a power supply is the most expensive part, but i plan on keeping one light for a 90x50 cm area, as supplemental light.
If u dont mind DIY, u can get a lot of bright leds, but its hard to find spectral output graphs for them, so if u want to be sure just use CFL's :)

Early requests are not allowed, you'll need to mak[…]

No, you'll need to come back in May to make a requ[…]

Wow I have so much love for y’all right now.[…]

in the mailbox. https://i.imgur.com/AkF0VlP.jpeg[…]

Is there a reason you overlooked flytrapstore.[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has fo[…]

Sundew in forest

Catfish won't eat mosquito larvae as the larvae a[…]

VFT nice catch

Ah, that's a crane fly! Also called mosquito hawks[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!