FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Hayden
As many of you will know, I had a disastrous problem when I got my seeds to 40*c not too long ago. Ive retryed everything, but this time in a different way! Ive left them in bags on my desk, my desk faces south and my normal house heat is about 23-24*c Raising to 30 at the max :)

After some convincing messages from Matt I decided to re-try with some capensis seeds. All went wrong when I sprinkled about 100 seeds in a 9cm pot, but im not too bothered about the plants. More that I know how to do it now! After 1 week about half of the seeds have germinated already!

Just thought id share this, and let those know that didnt manage to get anything to germinate the first time round. Dont give up! You dont need any fancy set-up, mine did fine on my desk in a zip-lock bag! Unlike my colourful layout before :roll:

Hayden
By AshMashMash
Wicked! Congrats :D I'm a newbie at this whole seed thing. I planted some VFT seeds out recently and mine are just germinating at the moment. Couple of tiny tiny leaves visible now. They took 13 days to germinate here, very similar set up's and temps to yours (cricket tubs, near 100% humidity, 18-34C were the min/max I've recorded so far, on a windowsil).

Where's the pictures? :P
By Hayden
Thanks mate, yeah on my vft ones (The two ive got now.) are the same as yours. Hopefully a trap can appear soon!

Ill do pictures when theyve developed more, theyre barely visible!

You can also buy the Gubler's LFSM at Lowe's, on[…]

Garden_Nymph Requests - Cancelled

Got it. TY. I will repost this Wed. I wasnt sure. […]

Oh, I know flavas are large, given the photos of t[…]

Hello all, I am looking to rapidly expand my drose[…]

No, you'll need to come back in May to make a requ[…]

in the mailbox. https://i.imgur.com/AkF0VlP.jpeg[…]

Is there a reason you overlooked flytrapstore.[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has fo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!