FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By beepybeetle
What's the best way to deal with these pesky little things if you don't have access to a couple of Pings or sundews? I'm thinking of buying some 3%H2O2, diluting it down and then spraying my Nepenthes with the solution. But would that stuff harm the root system at all?
By beepybeetle
nimbulan wrote:Fungus gnats shouldn't harm Nepenthes. I'd just leave them alone.
I know they're harmless, they just bother me a lot since I grow my plants indoors and they keep flying around.
By Shadowtski
Put out a call to forum members. Ask for a Drosera capensis, D. aliciae, D. burmannii, or D. spatulata, in fact any rosette forming common sundew. Almost everyone has an extra in their pots. Someone will probably send you one for the price of postage. Put in in with your Nep. That will keep those varmints down. I have a couple of Drosera burmannii plants in my only Nepenthes pot.

Good growing,
Mike T.
Shadowtski liked this
By beepybeetle
Shadowtski wrote:Put out a call to forum members. Ask for a Drosera capensis, D. aliciae, D. burmannii, or D. spatulata, in fact any rosette forming common sundew. Almost everyone has an extra in their pots. Someone will probably send you one for the price of postage. Put in in with your Nep. That will keep those varmints down. I have a couple of Drosera burmannii plants in my only Nepenthes pot.

Good growing,
Mike T.
Good idea. I'll ask a friend of mine who has a couple of tropical dews and see if he'll float me a few, and I'll just stick them into my plants.
By boarderlib
I have a two inch pot with about 10 baby Tokaiensis, or seeds that I would be willing to part with, if you need. Just PM me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Oh gee I have another question. Sorry for stinkin […]

Order received. Your order number is 1649. I'll PM[…]

Chaser, I like that. Order received. Your order n[…]

Finally

Thanks, it is called a Drosera Intermedia. The var[…]

+1 for Lee's. The only catch is that he only wor[…]

Rain

I agree, Mike. The pools catch pretty good even w[…]

Thank you for donating them!

Sundew in forest

Moving amphibians around is a very bad idea. That'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!