FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By Queenofdragons
I just placed an order for a King Henry starter plant. Yay! :mrgreen:

It comes potted so I shouldn't need to repot until maybe next year, right?
By Queenofdragons
That is good to hear. It's always nice to see the progress, especially for us impatient people! :)
By Benurmanii
King Henry is the best starter flytrap, and just a general must have. It catches some of the biggest flies :D Here is mine back during the summer, which reminds me that I need to repot my dormant plants before the weather start warmin up :?
Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg (604.9 KiB) Viewed 6926 times
By Queenofdragons
Benurmanii wrote:King Henry is the best starter flytrap, and just a general must have. It catches some of the biggest flies :D Here is mine back during the summer, which reminds me that I need to repot my dormant plants before the weather start warmin up :?
I love the big traps! Does it stay a lighter green like that? And we're you using live moss there? I really like the look of it.
By Queenofdragons
I am not sure what's happened, but I fear my King Henry is beyond help.
I ordered a King Henry in March while it was too cold to move my plant outside. I knew to expect some traps dying so wasn't concerned. However, no new traps have ever started growing. All the traps, save one, have blackened and there has been no new growth at all. I live in TN and moved my king Henry outside almost a month ago, along with 2 other small fly traps. They have multiple new traps growing but I am afraid my king Henry is beyond help. I even tried feeding rehydrated blood worms but none of the traps would ever trigger. I am so disappointed and don't know if there is any help for it. I followed all instructions very carefully as well. :|

I will include a picture of him when I received him, and now. It's sad so be warned. :(
Attachments:
20160502_111354.jpg
20160502_111354.jpg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 6629 times
20160327_203001.jpg
20160327_203001.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 6629 times
By Matt
Looks like it was kept too wet for too long without enough light -- leading cause of death for flytraps!

It's hard to say if it will survive now that it has started rotting at the crown. Half of the plant looks green still, so it may recover.

Best to get it outside (in Tennessee, it should be able to be outdoors almost year round) and keep the moss damp, but not too wet, and never dry.
Matt liked this

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!