FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of carnivorous plants other than the Venus Flytrap

Moderator: Matt

By Shelilla
I would definitely say that my Capensis is the best hunter out of all my plants. It manages to catch all the tiny flies an gnats that sneak into the house, even if we're not aware of them being there. It even frequently catches those annoying little flies that make big breeding swarms in late fall and early spring and get in your face (which is a very disgusting experience :P), which is a very satisfying thing to see when it's stuck to your hungry plant >:) I must admit it- Sundews are my favourites!
IMG_1237.JPG
IMG_1237.JPG (497.91 KiB) Viewed 1488 times
It's probably pretty hungry since I haven't fed it since before winter (it had a lot of dead aphids on the leaves), so I'm sure it'll enjoy the snack! I've been seeing a few of these flies buzzing around my dad's squash plants too so I won't be surprised if I find a few more when I get home!
By nate7891
Shelilla wrote:I would definitely say that my Capensis is the best hunter out of all my plants. It manages to catch all the tiny flies an gnats that sneak into the house, even if we're not aware of them being there. It even frequently catches those annoying little flies that make big breeding swarms in late fall and early spring and get in your face (which is a very disgusting experience :P), which is a very satisfying thing to see when it's stuck to your hungry plant >:) I must admit it- Sundews are my favourites!
IMG_1237.JPG
It's probably pretty hungry since I haven't fed it since before winter (it had a lot of dead aphids on the leaves), so I'm sure it'll enjoy the snack! I've been seeing a few of these flies buzzing around my dad's squash plants too so I won't be surprised if I find a few more when I get home!
My capensis was having a feast on little gnats that were coming from nowhere. It even managed to catch a spider.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
By Shelilla
nate7891 wrote: My capensis was having a feast on little gnats that were coming from nowhere. It even managed to catch a spider.
Gotta love them for that! :D
hi: im feedmesemore

thank you!

quick question: do you order from etsy shop and ho[…]

How cold is too cold

Thanks! They will stay outside from now on.

Hello from New England

Welcome to the forum!

Oddly shaped Sarr

Definitely looks like thrip damage, and they are v[…]

Nepenthes cold shock?

Thanks, y’all!

Anyone find anything exceptional/underwhelming or […]

Sure, the more the merrier! Just remember to add t[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!