FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Alex2893
This was my towering giant on May 28th. traps were 3/4 to 1 inch large and the petioles were long and thin
Image20150528_130209 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

And these were taken last night. now some of the traps are over 1.5 inches and the petioles are nice and thick and its really starting to live up to its name. there are 2 plants now aswell
Image20150714_223330 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
Image20150714_223309 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
Image20150714_223232 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
Alex2893, Alex2893, Alex2893 liked this
By Alex2893
Matt wrote:Glad you are liking it Alex! And it appears to be liking you too :)

I really like FTS Towering Giant too. It's proven to be vigorous and capable of getting quite large.

you know it was strange when i first got the towering giant all the traps in the first photo were pigs !!! they kept getting bug after bug. then i was starting to wonder, this thing ate like 10+ bugs in about 3 weeks and there was no new growth. i was like ether this thing is dead or its about to erupt. I think it erupted lol
By mdeford09
Been growing a few dozen of these guys for a few seasons and while I haven't seen any traps near 1.5", they are definitely fairly vigorous and grow well in my environment.

My only complaint about them is they get so tall they often get blown down flat if there is ever high winds. But, definitely a nice plant. :)

Here are some that I uprooted this year

By mdeford09
katya_dog1 wrote:Those rhizomes are beasts!

Haha, yeah it is one of few plus sides to living in Texas. I have quite a few bugs and a super long grow season (about 9 months) and a short dormancy (around 2 months). So, plants grow quickly here and get huge.

I mean heck, this is what Long Red Fingers does in long summer short dormancy environment
By Alex2893
if you look at my towering giant and the other ones posted in this tread it almost looks like there different plants. the petioles on mine look thinker and stronger then the others. when we get high winds the traps dont even more. the new trap coming up already looks like it will be even bigger then the tallest trap that is 1.55 inches.

i wonder if these plants grow differently in different climates?

The trap i circled in blue i think will be larger then the one i circled green, i also like the one i circled in orange will be very tall because its still all curled up.
Image20150717_204049 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
New to carnivorous plants!

I wonder if the fibers death cube traps come in[…]

Help with care for my VFT

You're checking all the boxes, except for the ligh[…]

Goodness, that's quite a difference! I'm pretty […]

Pest control question

Hey all. My Sarrs got hit with thrips this Spring […]

I'd like to give her some of these when they're […]

baby sundew found in mu bog pot

I just found these in my bog pot I didn't let any […]

doing research before buying a ping

I'm thinking of buying a p. gigantea but I don't k[…]

Help! My VFT is dying

So is morning sun better than afternoon sun? I hav[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!