FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By GardenNub
Hey, so I was just wondering, is a pulling/flower stalk supposed to stay green up until you see new ones? The flower stalk I cut from my drosera venusta seems to be turning brownish. Is it just rotting, should I toss it?
By jht-union
That is normal, it normally starts to darkern at the tip(where it flowers), then goes down, but the white part(rhizome) stays for the most part white, even if it turns brown, give it one extra month, it happened to me, i took a pulling of d. alba, it was brownish 100%, didn't toss it away and there, new seedlings emerge from the brown pulling, keep the pulling of the flower stalk in wet peat, really wet, with saran wrap on top, and punch some holes.
It is not rotting from your description, a pic may help as well, but it doesn't sounds like rotting to me.

Good luck!
jht-union liked this
By GardenNub
Thanks, i do keep it very wet and have it in a baggie that is not sealed all the way. Ill try to get a pic tonight or tomorrow to verify.
By jht-union
It looks good to me, althought i don't see any white part(rhizome), but yes, it is ok, it might strike in a month or less, give it lots of artificial light, or sunlight.

Good luck!

SASE is in my possession.

SASE has been received, all is well with the world[…]

Cactus Care

I think they look nice in the pot they are in for[…]

Oh yeah I forgot to post a couple things I was loo[…]

Another flower popped

Hey all, another flower popped last night from an […]

Hello, I would like to request SD-23-005 D. felix[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1651. I'll PM[…]

1 year old cape!

I would really be interested in getting some see[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!