FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of carnivorous plants other than the Venus Flytrap

Moderator: Matt

By coline
It is a real wonder for me watching my plants for first time in my life emerging from a dormancy, as none of my plants ever go dormant, this sundew made me a surprise and is now awakening, it took almost 3 months to do so!

Initially I had this plant, and suddently, it went dormant! so I, scared, took lots of leaf cuttings.

So the leaf cuttings went really well meanwhile the mother plant was "dead"

I took the mother plant to the dark pinguicula area, but then, the little guys started to get dormant also!! (as you may see on the blurry back part of the last photo)

And finally, last week, first the biggest one of the cuttings, made this

Followed in a few days by

I really love to see that rebirth of plants, it is so spectacular!

Meanwhile, another little guy never went to sleep, lets see how does he get..

But, also I had another curious case, I had this D. dichotoma "small red form" planted and happily growing, when then, also, it died!!

But in this case, the "hibernaculum" was not made, it was rotten or something, so like a month or more later I threw away the pot (but I didn't, because I never throw away anything, even more soil) so the soil went to a nepenthes pot. the nepenthes was a cutting made in the time I did not followed the correct procedure for making cuttings, so the cutting was dead but something grew, something with bifurcated leaves, and not from a seed, it was from a root! my plant was back, and not alone, 2 of them sprouted!

Now I have many of that plant, still not observing any dormancy, but I'm prepared with more cuttings :D
coline liked this
By coline
Wow!! I had a really tired and wearing out week! I even forgot I had taken the photos of the tiny D. filiformis red!
Here they are!

I have just came back home and they look almost the same.. but well, they are alive and growing!

I said the cuttings some of them just kind of die.[…]

I was at Home Depot the other day when I spotted s[…]

I recieved my seeds, yay! Thank you, ChefDean Sen[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

Oo, very nice. That right one is particularly nice[…]

She definitely needs to go outside, yes. Keep her […]

FB_IMG_1714215761115.jpg This is the first one I[…]

Rain

Got your buckets ready!??? ;) Yes!. 30 gall[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!