FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Gothic TRAPS
It's been 9 weeks since germination has began and 7 little cobra's have strongly emerged. I'm very content thus far in their progress and quite excited to see them grow. A photo can only show you so much, but in person they can sure make you stare at them for awhile like any CP's in any of your own collections. Enjoy the photo update :mrgreen: !
48.jpg
48.jpg (106.38 KiB) Viewed 4857 times
Last edited by Gothic TRAPS on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By sekler
They look amazing buddy! Those seeds are fresh I tell you! I'm very pleased with mine :) how many did you plant there?
sekler liked this
By Gothic TRAPS
sekler wrote:They look amazing buddy! Those seeds are fresh I tell you! I'm very pleased with mine :) how many did you plant there?
Thanks :P ! I planted about 5 seeds per section and I'm headed into the 10th week of germination. I've writen down more specific time lines in my previous posts on this thread of when I started to the present. 7 Cobra heads have emerged with a vengence especially the very first cobra. It is certainly exciting times for those little guys :P .
Last edited by Gothic TRAPS on Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Gothic TRAPS
13 Weeks have gone by since germination began on Oct 22, 2010. A week ago I've managed to transplant my little cobras into their dryer mix media of sphagnum peat moss, orchid bark and perlite with live sphagnum moss wrapped around the roots for ease of transfer and moistness to the root systems. All went well as they look happy and growing as this media mix should fulfill their aeration requirements and coolness to the roots during watering especially when they will be growing outdoors this up coming season. Meanwhile they will be under lights until then and then slowly introduced to the outdoors as it starts to warm up in spring. Wish them luck and enjoy the updated photo of their new home :P .
49.jpg
49.jpg (147.49 KiB) Viewed 4812 times
Last edited by Gothic TRAPS on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:15 am, edited 5 times in total.
By HarrisAz
wow!
whats your growing condition for germinating them?planning on germinating some myself :)
HarrisAz liked this
By sekler
Awesome buddy !

I'm sure they'll grow like weed in your hands !

Mine are progresing but I really need to transplant them from the peat they are in. I find that it sort of dries up too much on top...I just don't want to mess around with them due to their size. I uprooted one by mistake while watering and the roots were simply tiny, I couldn't believe it.
sekler liked this
By dantt99
Wow! Great job transplanting them, they look like they'll be very happy in their new home! :D
dantt99 liked this
By Gothic TRAPS
Thank you for the kind comments guys :) .
HarrisAz wrote:wow!
whats your growing condition for germinating them?planning on germinating some myself :)
The photo below will pretty much explain my indoor growing conditions for the winter season as I do plan to grow all my CPs in this strorage container outdoors this up coming growing season. Along with my Darlingtonias in the long mini planter are my Cephalotus' and Droseras. The little container outside on the right is where I store my live sphagnum moss. Not shown on the shelf above is a mini 6 inch fan blowing down into the open top on the right side of the storage container where as on the centre top of the container is a computer fan next to the lights sucking out the accumulated warm air out, thus keeping the temperatures consistant. At the bottom of the container is about a 1/2 to 1 inch of rain/distilled water thus providing water via tray method and letting off some good humidity, especially when the lights are out for the night. I do mist them about twice daily and the 2 X 23 watt 6500K daylight CFLs in the exo-terra lighting fixture is on a 14 hour timer. I hope this info helps ;) .
53.jpg
53.jpg (82.5 KiB) Viewed 4752 times
Last edited by Gothic TRAPS on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
bog garden

Under $20 for just the bog pot, or under $20 for t[…]

Please identify

I would say they're either spatulata or toka[…]

Oh yeah I am definitely going to clean that pot.[…]

Weird Venus Flytrap

Someone bought a DCXL from them. Here's the phot[…]

Hey, everyone!

Welcome :D :D :D

Starter Incredible Redhulk?

Hi Hi! Did anyone happen to take pictures of their[…]

Cape Alba

My only Cape “Alba” sundew that surviv[…]

Wolfcub258’s grow/wish list

Currently growing: Dionaea Muscipula: B52 Colasan[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!