FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Snap Traps
I love the pine seedlings so much in the background that I might even consider putting one in my pot. Your ones seem to germinate naturally though; are they considered a weed in your area? Would they grow big enough to cause a problem to the vfts?

Great plants as usual! :)
By Gothic TRAPS
Snap Traps wrote:I love the pine seedlings so much in the background that I might even consider putting one in my pot. Your ones seem to germinate naturally though; are they considered a weed in your area? Would they grow big enough to cause a problem to the vfts?
Hey Snap Traps... the 'pine seedlings' that you see is a natural Juniper Haircap Moss that is commonly found in these parts of British Columbia. I did purposely gather some of this moss from a local park, rinsed it and nurtured it in the same media as all my CP plants during last Winter before inserting it into the tub this past Spring. The fact that I do use Canadian sphagnum peat moss in my media mixes could explain the natural germination in the tub and throughout my other pots. The good thing I've noticed is that it doesn't grow any larger than what is seen in the photos. If it does over spread, they can easily be plucked out. All in all it sure does pose a natural setting ;).
Last edited by Gothic TRAPS on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Gothic TRAPS
Snap Traps wrote: :oops: Thanks for the info. :) What is the tallish pineish thing in the darlingtonia picture?
A weed as far as I know. I see it commonly throughout my live sphagnum moss/sphagnum peat moss media mixes. As long as they don't interfere with the initial growth of the plant, they're good to stay for the overall look :).
By Gothic TRAPS
To the FlyTrapCare Forum Community... THANK YOU!!! Image

THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED

I will be active here and there throughout these forums. PM me if you have a comment or question. To further see my hobby by photos, please follow me on Instagram for the latest and ENJOY!!!
Last edited by Gothic TRAPS on Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Darkened leaves

My thought is that you are keeping it too wet. S[…]

Spagnum moss turning green

Looks like algae, and that is normal.

That’s a really good option to have thank[…]

SASE put in mail!

Seeds is a gray area. This statement was cop[…]

I'm assuming you mean bonus Nepenthes? Order rece[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1660. I'll PM[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1659. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!