FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By uusa2000
Look at the colour!! I wish i knew what light they were using...These are just typicals from Walmart!

And you mean to tell me i have to wait for the fall season for this coloration??? Anyway I put in bigger pot, I'll just add to my hording collection of vft ImageImageImage

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
uusa2000 liked this
By thatonechick371
Wow, those are beautiful! I wish my typicals would get more red. Full sun and still green lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
By uusa2000
thatonechick371 wrote:Wow, those are beautiful! I wish my typicals would get more red. Full sun and still green lol

Its a lighter whiter like "light starved" green not green green & it has a lot of deep red lips.

By uusa2000
I'm very curious on what they used to grow this. Maybe TC? OR GROW LIGHTS?.Its a lighter whiter like "light starved" green not green green & it has a lot of deep red lips.

Im just confused, they seem so light & fragile to sun burn to me. but Even the off shoots shaded by other leaves are deeply red... I'm sure after acclimation it will all go green...ImageImage

By Branmuffin
The rocket farms typicals get very red but not until near fall, the reason they are so red in the stores is because they didn't sit dormant all winter long, they likely skipped dormancy or were brought out early to be sold.
I have picked up a hand full of these in the past and right now mine have nearly no color, full sun 10 hours a day but they will be blazing red in another couple months.
By uusa2000
Branmuffin wrote:The rocket farms typicals get very red but not until near fall, the reason they are so red in the stores is because they didn't sit dormant all winter long, they likely skipped dormancy or were brought out early to be sold.
I have picked up a hand full of these in the past and right now mine have nearly no color, full sun 10 hours a day but they will be blazing red in another couple months.
These skipped dormancy, So is that why they're still red? All my red genetics turned green. How did you do your dormancy?

By Branmuffin
uusa2000 wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:The rocket farms typicals get very red but not until near fall, the reason they are so red in the stores is because they didn't sit dormant all winter long, they likely skipped dormancy or were brought out early to be sold.
These skipped dormancy, So is that why they're still red? All my red genetics turned green. How did you do your dormancy?

I'm not quite sure what you are asking but my personal plants were dormant outside, covered in mulch to protect from the cold. I don't have any idea how Rocket Farms does their dormancy but I would guess these plants either skipped dormancy altogether or were broken out of dormancy early in the new year so they would be full, colorful plants for sale. I know when these first showed up in the supermarkets here my plants were still dormant.
On a side note this is actually a very vigorous plant, they grow EXTREMLY fast and in very very dense clumps, not huge traps but they are neat. I will post a picture of one from my collection once I get home.
By KategoricalKarnivore
Here are my Rocket Farms typicals.
Attachments:
August 2016
August 2016
IMG_4172.JPG (1.16 MiB) Viewed 2611 times
May 2017
May 2017
IMG_4173.JPG (976.51 KiB) Viewed 2611 times
By Branmuffin
Here is my Rocket Farms typical, I let it flower this year so it really hasn't reached its potential but still a neat dense growth habit. This is really the first week they are starting to show any color.
IMG_5064.JPG
IMG_5064.JPG (1021.02 KiB) Viewed 2599 times
Branmuffin liked this
By thatonechick371
My Rocket Farms typicals. Green, green, green. Going on 3 weeks of full sun and no signs of reddening up lol. Im curious to see what it looks like once the new growth comes in. Image

thatonechick371 liked this
Is this a steal?

That larger one is quite nice for that price, yes,[…]

Is This What To Look For?

I have decided since my first attempt worked out s[…]

Hello from Arkansas!

Welcome man!

I dont know if this is too much but can you also a[…]

Hello, I would like to request D. capensis "[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1666. I'll PM[…]

New cultivar potential?

This plant always has something in its mouth :rol[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!