FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Mawy_Plants
Hi Tannerm!

Glad to see your Cephalotus progress! I received some baby clumps bareroot this past September. How long did it take for yours to adjust? May I ask if you did anything special? I'm really hoping mine make it.

Thanks in advance!
Mary
By tannerm
Mawy_Plants wrote:Hi Tannerm!

Glad to see your Cephalotus progress! I received some baby clumps bareroot this past September. How long did it take for yours to adjust? May I ask if you did anything special? I'm really hoping mine make it.

Thanks in advance!
Mary
No adjustment time at all. They just started growing. What’re your conditions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Mawy_Plants
They're currently placed in a mostly shaded location outside. The previous grower said they were indoors. So perhaps mine are still transitioning.

http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/opini ... 36897.html
Here is a thread I started to give you a better idea. Since then, I've trimmed the dead leaves off. And as of today, there are a few more pitchers drying out. I watered them two days ago and have been slowly introducing them to direct sunlight since last week.

Appreciate your input!
By tannerm
Mawy_Plants wrote:They're currently placed in a mostly shaded location outside. The previous grower said they were indoors. So perhaps mine are still transitioning.

Here is a thread I started to give you a better idea. Since then, I've trimmed the dead leaves off. And as of today, there are a few more pitchers drying out. I watered them two days ago and have been slowly introducing them to direct sunlight since last week.

Appreciate your input!
Hmmmm. I keep mine in a very controlled environment with average humidity around 80%, night temps down to 51 degrees and day temps never above 80 degrees.

By Mawy_Plants
tannerm wrote:
Mawy_Plants wrote:They're currently placed in a mostly shaded location outside. The previous grower said they were indoors. So perhaps mine are still transitioning.

Appreciate your input!
Hmmmm. I keep mine in a very controlled environment with average humidity around 80%, night temps down to 51 degrees and day temps never above 80 degrees.

Let's just hope they're growing even if it's just in their roots! I figured my outdoor conditions should be alright. As mentioned, they started off indoor under controlled conditions. Anticipating how they'll look by Spring, so long they make it!

Maybe one day I'll dabble with an indoor setup!

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!