FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Fishkeeper
Unsurprisingly, my D. Capensis are very determined to send flowers everywhere. I'd rather they not, though. I like how the flowers look, but they put a lot of effort into those stalks, and I don't need thousands of D. Capensis "Typical" seeds. Especially not at the cost of the adult plants- I have one that's half the size of the others because its flower stalk is huge and it has another one starting.
If I cut the flower stalks off when they're about an inch high, will the plant realize that the stalk is missing and send up another?
Also, is there any way to make all the flowers open at once? I'd kinda like to press one of the stalks and keep it, but they only seem to have one or two buds open at a time.
By KategoricalKarnivore
Any time I let mine flower the plants don't miss a beat. They keep right on growing at the same rate. And when I cut them off another appears in a month or so usually.
By Tarzanus
I usually have 3 or even 4 flower stalks that emerge one after another. When first flowers completely, the third or fourth emerges and tehre are two flowering at the same time, all the time.
If I don't feed them during the winter, they begin to fade.The flowering takes too much energy. From time to time I cut the flower stalks if I don't have time to feed the hungry bastards. Usually I just give them some fish food and allow them to set seed.

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!