FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By PitBulMom
Ok, being a newbie, and having a husband who loves to search eBay, I am asking this to get some info for him. He has become fascinated with the CP world but doesn't like to "study", he leaves that to me. ( I just signed him up for the Forum, so IF you see someone named WadePainter, that's my hubby!)
He was searching eBay, and found some Red and Blue Sundews and some Blue VFT's. He was asking me if they are real, I said I had no clue, but I would ask. They look really pretty, but I am thinking they were under plant lights. Anybody know for sure??
By DesertPat
PitBulMom wrote:Ok, being a newbie, and having a husband who loves to search eBay, I am asking this to get some info for him. He has become fascinated with the CP world but doesn't like to "study", he leaves that to me. ( I just signed him up for the Forum, so IF you see someone named WadePainter, that's my hubby!)
He was searching eBay, and found some Red and Blue Sundews and some Blue VFT's. He was asking me if they are real, I said I had no clue, but I would ask. They look really pretty, but I am thinking they were under plant lights. Anybody know for sure??
Hello and welcome to the forum! You have to be very careful on eBay as the majority of carnivorous plant sales there are scams. I've seen the blue vft sales before and can assure you they are fake. You're far better off purchasing from the Fly Trap Store here, Matt grows quality plants.

Patrick

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
By DesireeCoffey
I've seen them as well. They look beautiful but are unfortunately fake. I don't think they are under grow lights, I think they are straight up photo shopped lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk
By xr280xr
Fake.
By saltyop
when you're going through ebay, go ahead and click north america or united states only, most if not all listings from china are fake
By Benurmanii
saltyop wrote:when you're going through ebay, go ahead and click north america or united states only, most if not all listings from china are fake
People still lie about their location on eBay. It is generally best to use EBay As a secondary source, with reputable online nurseries and (generally) the sellers on the CP sales group on FB and forums.
Benurmanii liked this
By saltyop
true true, I asked a time stamp from my seller before I paid, and he complied. if he/she doesn't, be careful
By PitBulMom
LOL! Thanks for proving me right!
I told him that I was 99% sure, they were fake listings.

I plan to only buy plants from the FTS or members of the Forum!
(Well, maybe if I find a VFT or something that need rescuing at a local Hume Depot, Lowes or one of our Nurseries around here)
By Orit
A lot of "normal" VFT seeds on amazon and ebay are fake, but 100% of the blue VFT seeds are fake.
Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

So I live in central Arkansas, and I want to grow […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I would give it a bit more shade but it doesn't ne[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!