FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Earthy
if these all live, I will have some D. Capensis to give away/sell lol...they are only a couple of weeks old...seeds courtesy of SerMuncherIV :)

and the whole gang...the bigger ones are D.Intermedia x D.Rotundifolia crosses from Hollyhock. those are a month I believe

thanks for looking!!!
By roarke
Earthy wrote:if these all live, I will have some D. Capensis to give away/sell lol...they are only a couple of weeks old...seeds courtesy of SerMuncherIV :)

and the whole gang...the bigger ones are D.Intermedia x D.Rotundifolia crosses from Hollyhock. those are a month I believe

thanks for looking!!!
What is your lights ?
By Earthy
I have 2 6500K fluorescent lights, and one 3100K fluorescent light. why do you ask? am I doing something wrong?
By Tarzanus
Earthy wrote:I have 2 6500K fluorescent lights, and one 3100K fluorescent light. why do you ask? am I doing something wrong?
Most likely not. Seedlings look happy for now and will grow rapidly when they get the chance to finally eat some insect meat. :twisted: Keep up the good work. :lol:
By roarke
Tarzanus wrote:
Earthy wrote:I have 2 6500K fluorescent lights, and one 3100K fluorescent light. why do you ask? am I doing something wrong?
Most likely not. Seedlings look happy for now and will grow rapidly when they get the chance to finally eat some insect meat. :twisted: Keep up the good work. :lol:
I just made a comment on your site.
By Tarzanus
I answered, thank you :)

In the summer it caught flies outside, but inside, while the weather was cold, the young seedlings that were about the same size as your seedling now, caught tiny springtails. Those tiny creatures do jump and are gread food source for your sundews :)
By Earthy
roarke wrote:
Nope. I was curios, as i thought was in the sun.
yea, the lights are just a little dimmer than full sunlight lol. the seedlings and plants under them seem to like them; even my VFT babies are coloring up :)
By mrwaffles
i bought a drosera capensis and noticed that it grew like a baby or something on the side, its very small and green, what should i do to it?
By roarke
mrwaffles wrote:i bought a drosera capensis and noticed that it grew like a baby or something on the side, its very small and green, what should i do to it?
It has a side shot, made from the crown of the main plant or from a root. Leave it like that. It may grow in clumps. You can cut the root to pot it somewhere else, but you take a risk on the stress side if you are not carefull, when it is growing bigger.
roarke liked this
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!