FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Nick
New additions! Thanks yet again to Matt and Leah at the FlyTrapStore for awesome service and amazing products! This time, I decided to order the plants potted so I could compare LFS to traditional VFT media without transplanting my little fellas yet again. The plants showed up in amazing condition and the LFS felt so moist that I decided to forego soaking them immediately but I check all my little fellas multiple times daily so I'll be keeping an eye on them.

Coquillage aka Butters

Triton aka Chamberlain

Group picture!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Nick
After multiple repots and relocation for better sunlight, I'm halfway ready to provide an update. While I had big dreams of instant success, my renewed adventures started more like a doomed mountain expedition. We lost a lot of good plants along the way. However, I'm pretty sure I've gotten better at the "not killing" part so I added a few more to my collection. Many pics to come tomorrow. At least I can show y'all most of what I got today!

First, I just had to get this one. It's just so exotic and I really want it to stick around. I'm calling him "Elian."

I also got some seed growns, which I am calling "Solomon Grundy" for now. There are a couple that might be worthy of their own names in due time. I ordered 5 and got 12-13 of all sizes! I planted the largest 4 in an unbalanced pot (not pictured) because they appeared large enough that they can handle sun and the pot looked silly. The smaller ones are joining Elian on the shaded porch for a week to harden a bit. This is also my first attempt using Better Gro Orchid Moss. I really like the airiness already.

Always, HUGE THANKS to Matt and Leah of the FlyTrapStore!!! Everything shipped perfectly and looks amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nick liked this
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!