FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By yimmy87
So i guess this will be my one week update on the cephs thanks to all of you for your help and patience with me on these wonderful plants. Its been touch and go with a couple from the begining but inspite of my ill preparedness i think they may be trying to bounce back. thanks guys and gals.

Just Fuzzy
By yimmy87

Just Fuzzy
I almost lost all of them but the big boy from a fellow member what does everyone think are they coming back or is death expected ?
By Nauz
yimmy87 wrote:Image

Just Fuzzy
I almost lost all of them but the big boy from a fellow member what does everyone think are they coming back or is death expected ?
First 3 photos they look bad, 4th pic the plant looks good. And the last set of pictures the plant looks hardy man. That last plant looks good who ever did that one does good plants.
By yimmy87
You know who grew the last two or you should seeing as how its one of yours Nauz. The pics are not clear enough to see well,but all of them are puting on new pitcher's and non carnivorous leaves so do i follow the same rule as other C.P.'s if i have new make a hole in the plastic no new growth no hole a?

Just Fuzzy
By Nauz
yimmy87 wrote:You know who grew the last two or you should seeing as how its one of yours Nauz. The pics are not clear enough to see well,but all of them are puting on new pitcher's and non carnivorous leaves so do i follow the same rule as other C.P.'s if i have new make a hole in the plastic no new growth no hole a?

Just Fuzzy
For acclimation? Yeah I believe over time you slowly introduce the plant by slightly opening up ever week or more I believe.
By yimmy87
Ok guys my great white finally made it to me. So now for the questions do i follow the directions, or is there a different dose i need to use. Thanks in advance.

Just Fuzzy
By Nauz
yimmy87 wrote:Ok guys my great white finally made it to me. So now for the questions do i follow the directions, or is there a different dose i need to use. Thanks in advance.

Just Fuzzy
1 Gallon: 1/2 tsp

But for your first time I might sprinkle a bit on the soil and then spray a bit water to push it down into the soil. Use the 1 gallon mix every month just to flood the medium and that will refresh the culture in the soil. Most people also use great white for cuttings and stuff too, you can also use the same gallon mix on your other cp soils. Now when I say gallon I don't mean 1 gallon per plant but just enough to soak it. Maybe even a little flood but not enough to drown the plant.
By yimmy87
Thanks man im glad it finally got here.I ordered it 3 weeks ago, and it sat in Kansas for 2 weeks at a dead stand, not the sellers fault usps lost it for 2 weeks. Thank you all for being patient with me and answering all of my questions.

Just Fuzzy
By yimmy87
Im sorry miss Nancy i been working between 70 and 84 hours a week so i dont have any updated pics but i can tell you that i lost a couple of the ebay ones from pot that had 5 or six tiny little plants in it the other ebay plant droped almost all of its pichers but is bouncing back slowly it has some new growth and 2 new non carnivorous leaves the Big Boy from a fellow member never lost a pitcher it is just doing its thing has a couple of new pitchers coming it does have one of its pitchers dying but with new growth i think its ok. Not the best update but the best i can do at work pics and better wording to come

Just Fuzzy
yimmy87 liked this
By Nancy
yimmy87 wrote:Im sorry miss Nancy i been working between 70 and 84 hours a week so i dont have any updated pics but i can tell you that i lost a couple of the ebay ones from pot that had 5 or six tiny little plants in it the other ebay plant droped almost all of its pichers but is bouncing back slowly it has some new growth and 2 new non carnivorous leaves the Big Boy from a fellow member never lost a pitcher it is just doing its thing has a couple of new pitchers coming it does have one of its pitchers dying but with new growth i think its ok. Not the best update but the best i can do at work pics and better wording to come

Just Fuzzy
As far as I'm concerned that's a good update.
Am sorry you lost the little ones though. :( It's not easy even for those that have experience with tiny ceph's to keep them going after being stressed from shipping and moved to a new environment. Your learning though and that's what counts!
By yimmy87
Thanks. But i had expected to lose a few thats why i got the ones i did at first it came out to about $ 2.50us a plant on that one so not like killing a 200.00 mature cultivator. I just hope i can keep them inproving and not let them get in that shape ever again.

Just Fuzzy
By Nauz
How's the plants doing yimmy
By yimmy87
They seem to be ok man i dosed them with Great white just a sprinkle and a spritz so next on the list is to feed them doing research on the proper food as i speak. Hope all is well and happy thanks giveing to all

Just Fuzzy

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!