FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Moderator: Matt

By jht-union
For those wondering how silica sand looks like, here's the best example of it, i bought 25LB from lesliespool.com, and the silica is just like i wanted to be!!!
http://www.lesliespool.com/Home/Filters14700.html

By Eric
Thanks for the pictures! That reminded me that I need to go to Home Depot and by a bag of silica sand. Too bad the smallest size they have is 100lbs!
By ReefPlant
jht-union wrote:I would love to buy the 100lb bag!! :) , the things i could do with it!!

Good luck! :)
I Agree! This also reminds me too that spring is here and its time to get to repotting! Thanks for the pictures!
By jht-union
ReefPlant wrote:I Agree! This also reminds me too that spring is here and its time to get to repotting! Thanks for the pictures!
Wow Reefplant, i was about to say you're a bit late for that, but after looking where you live, i can tell spring is not there yet for you.

Good luck repotting! :)
By bombsboy
That is great potting for pinguiculas! Do that for the one that I will be sending you!
The advantage to having a layer of sand is that it reduces rot which kills many pings.
By jht-union
bombsboy wrote:That is great potting for pinguiculas! Do that for the one that I will be sending you!
The advantage to having a layer of sand is that it reduces rot which kills many pings.
I think it is a nice aery soil for pinguiculas, but perhaps mexican pinguiculas only, i have only one pinguicula that is temperate, and i put with my mexican pinguiculas, and it didn't do well, it is reduced by roots now, perhaps is alive still or not. from what it appears with pics i have seen, temperate pinguiculas like humid media, almost sitting media, and need high humidity.

my mixture for when yours arrive will be peat, with very little mixture of silica, LFSM ontop to keep humdity higher, and maybe a bit of my famous layer of silica sand :D
Weird Pitchers, advice?

I'm concerned about all my plants and wondering if[…]

Welcome to the forum. I thought I’d mention […]

Anything that requires a dormancy, dry rest, or de[…]

Hey everyone! I'm back on my hunt to look for a d[…]

Hello again from Florida

This isn't really a true introduction because I've[…]

New cultivar potential?

For its stout leaves and proportionately large t[…]

I have a many cape sundew varieties, about 6 pingu[…]

Hello from Arkansas!

Hello, heya, howdy. Enjoy the forums! :D

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!