FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By 17ptrombley
This little trap that's growing in is developing one side faster than the other, and I thought it was kinda curious looking. :?: Do you think it has anything to do with being recently repotted?
20160413_155734.jpg
20160413_155734.jpg (640.34 KiB) Viewed 1711 times
By xr280xr
I experienced this with my Red Piranha a couple years ago. They grew like this for several weeks to a couple months and then started going downhill. I didn't determine exactly what it was but it wasn't a lack of light. I ended up deducing later that something about my peat moss (Premier bale) and water was causing me problems in all my pots (maybe unrelated to this phenomenon). Is this one of its first traps since dormancy? Why did you repot it? Just a routine thing?
Last edited by xr280xr on Thu May 12, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By edman007
My dente have been doing that since I got them (like 4-6 months), I've put it down to TC hormones because they were growing very funny since I got them and it was obviously because they were fresh from TC (I think I divided it into 6 plants over that timeframe). It's definitely not lack of light, my light is bright enough to turn dente red. It also seems that the smaller divisions mostly stopped doing it as well, it definitely does it less than when I got it too. I got a lot of other traps in the same pot and they do NOT do this so at least in my case I don't think it's the soil.

I would wait, possibly it's the soil/water and you might want to replant, but if it's a new plant could be weird hormone effects too.
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!