FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
Blog entry here:
Red Piranha tissue culture success and Cupped Trap Update
I've finally got another success with a different cultivar, and this time it's one of my favorites (if not my all time favorite). I just noticed callus forming today. See below:
If it progresses as fast as my Cupped Trap callus did, then I'll have a bunch of cultures going in another month or so. I'm so excited about that! I want to raise an army of Red Piranhas!
By Steve_D
No fair, you're having too much fun with all this tissue culture stuff. :evil:

That really looks great, Matt.
By jkochuni
Matt- Congrats! You definitely have a strike! Please keep us updated with its growth. :shock:
By Matt
Steve_D wrote:No fair, you're having too much fun with all this tissue culture stuff. :evil:
I'm anxiously awaiting the day you get back into tissue culture Steve! Jason and I are having tons of fun and we're both definitely learning a lot and expanding our collections at the same time. We're planning on exchanging every type of culture that we get started. It would be great if you jumped in and we could do 3 way exchanges!
Steve_D wrote:That really looks great, Matt.
jkochuni wrote:Matt- Congrats! You definitely have a strike! Please keep us updated with its growth. :shock:
Thanks guys!
By lemonlily
Looks cool. I know nothing about TC. So that looks like peas in a pod.
By jkochuni
Matt wrote:I'm anxiously awaiting the day you get back into tissue culture Steve! Jason and I are having tons of fun and we're both definitely learning a lot and expanding our collections at the same time. We're planning on exchanging every type of culture that we get started. It would be great if you jumped in and we could do 3 way exchanges!
I second that! :D
By hackerberry
That's not some Callus Matt, that's an army! Thank goodness the Red Piranga striked for you, that's one of my must have but no one sells here in Canada. You know what I'm thinking, hehe.4

hb
By Steve_D
Yeah-- plants in sterile containers and conditions can be shipped without phytosanitary certificates to Canada and elsewhere, right? Great way to smuggle Red Piranha into Canada. :D
By Matt
Steve_D wrote:Yeah-- plants in sterile containers and conditions can be shipped without phytosanitary certificates to Canada and elsewhere, right? Great way to smuggle Red Piranha into Canada. :D
Actually I'd still need to get a phyto for it, but I wouldn't need CITES. Phyto certs aren't that expensive though.
By hackerberry
And I am willing to pay ;) . Don't worry Steve, If I get a nice clone from the seeds that you're gonna send me then I'm gonna ship some to you in sterile container. Be sure to have your TC stuff ready to micropropagate them :D .

hb
By Steve_D
Matt wrote:Actually I'd still need to get a phyto for it ...
They just need to inspect it to make sure that what you plan to ship actually is composed of sterile material? At least such an inspection itself is likely to be very quick and simple, even if the associated bureaucratic machinery may run a little slow at times. :)
By Steve_D
hackerberry wrote:... Be sure to have your TC stuff ready to micropropagate them :D .

When I get a bigger greenhouse I am determined to have a dedicated space for tissue culture. The process sounds intriguing, very interesting and practical. (And fun!) :D

I wait until my mix is complete, test the entire m[…]

Flytraps Korean Melody Shark Red Micro-Teeth Su[…]

Wow, we have some really nice photos and a really […]

1696 expired and canceled

This request has expired and been canceled, seeds […]

Thanks for the response. So could I just separate […]

I used the Aqualife RO Buddie for years until I […]

Time for a repot?

Believe it or not, here in Newfoundland, Canada it[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!