FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By wcrosman
NOT! Woke up to this.
2055277A-F5AF-46FA-84DD-7E835B9A5D35.jpeg
2055277A-F5AF-46FA-84DD-7E835B9A5D35.jpeg (332.68 KiB) Viewed 430 times
By ChefDean
Ahh, brings back memories of Utah.
Right about now, they are enjoying an Indian Summer. Warm temps, light breezes, a little rain,... NOICE!
However, and it always happens, in the first part of May it will snow. I remember cutting the lawn, mid 60's, flowers starting to open up, thinking about turning my sprinkler system on, go to bed, and wake up to six inches of snow. Heck, in Utah, I've been snowed on in August more than once. It melts quickly, but it still brings the mood down.
By Intheswamp
;) Yeah, that's when we usually have ours, too. I think Chef was speaking in general terms of the type weather there. Or, maybe they're just mixed up in Utaw and Chef got confused while living there. Sometimes therapy helps.
By DewsandTraps
We have the opposite of cold here in Washington. The temps are hitting 70 degrees F, there will probably be no rainstorms for the next few weeks, and my outdoor cp's (three pots) are already drying up. To save water I put the pots on next to an east facing wall so hopefully they'll dry up slower even though almost the top inch is "crispy" already. But for now they're fine except once summer hits I either take them inside or water them every few hours. That's how hot it is here!!!! To bad I don't live closer to the ocean.

Is anyone else in Washington having any rain right now?
By Intheswamp
DewsandTraps wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:58 am We have the opposite of cold here in Washington. The temps are hitting 70 degrees F, there will probably be no rainstorms for the next few weeks, and my outdoor cp's (three pots) are already drying up. To save water I put the pots on next to an east facing wall so hopefully they'll dry up slower even though almost the top inch is "crispy" already. But for now they're fine except once summer hits I either take them inside or water them every few hours. That's how hot it is here!!!! To bad I don't live closer to the ocean.

Is anyone else in Washington having any rain right now?
70 degrees....hot??????
By thepitchergrower
Intheswamp wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:01 am 70 degrees....hot??????
Where I live, it regularly reaches 108 degrees in the summertime. And I don't even live in the desert...
At those temperatures, I have to bring all my CPs into the shade. That amount of heat, intense sunlight, and lack of humidity means that any plant left out will be fried to a crisp.
By wcrosman
Mowed my lawn, put up my shade awning, and turned on the sprinkler system this morning(Monday). Next two weeks have no frost forecast so I am taking it that spring is here; FINALLY.

Flytraps and pings are out as well.
Hedonista liked this
Hello from Arkansas!

Welcome! (and I think it's my turn to say) Check o[…]

New cultivar potential?

This plant always has something in its mouth :rol[…]

Thanks! Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Black tips on drosera regia

It's probably nothing, as the whole plant seems to[…]

Yellowish leaves on N. ventrata

My 'Mimis Kiss' is finally growing pitchers again[…]

Hello , I can help with the Drosera if you are sti[…]

First flower stalk on VFT

I might let the biggest flower stalk flower but c[…]

I repotted some of the vft's from the flower stal[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!