FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss or post photos or images of drawings, paintings, sculptures or other art.

Moderator: Matt

By SkyClan Cat
My budgie Sunny is really sick, and I need vet money! Surely someone here could spare some dollars that would've just otherwise been used for a fancy plant that'll still be there later?
commsheet.png
commsheet.png (553.11 KiB) Viewed 4313 times
(right click > view image to see it better)

And here's little Sunny
IMG_3465.png
IMG_3465.png (454.42 KiB) Viewed 4313 times
Please help me save him.
Last edited by SkyClan Cat on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SkyClan Cat
His left leg stopped working, and we had to get some x-rays to find out why. The x-rays showed what look like little bits of metal in the digestive tract. So the vet has us giving medicine for that, and we have another appointment on Tuesday to find out if the medicine's made any progress. This would probably involve another x-ray, and my dad flipped out about the cost of the previous visit with the x-rays, because he's already had so many ridiculous expenses lately, and I already know metal poisoning treatment gets expensive because I had a cockatiel with that problem several years ago, and I'm just really scared.

And this vet charges more than my usual vet, but my usual vet's been unavailable because she's moving to a new clinic, which opens on Tuesday.

It occurred to me earlier today, though, that I probably don't want the x-rays to be too frequent anyway because they have to give him a little bit of anesthesia to keep him still, and it would be bad to get too much of that stuff in his little system.

I was especially scared yesterday, though, due to an alarming weight loss and thinking I'd have to rush to the vet the instant I had a ride. But then I talked to the vet on the phone and he said it's normal for a bird to weigh different amounts at different times depending on how recently they've eaten, and I weighed Sunny again today at the same time, and that does seem to be what happened. So I do feel better about that.
By Idontkno23
While it isn't fun to have a sick pet, I wouldn't suggest asking for donations on a carnivorous plant website, I'm sure there are bird communities that would provide support/assistance though.
By SkyClan Cat
well, he's gone

I guess I don't really need this so much now, but if anyone becomes interested in a commission, you can feel free to PM me about it
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!