FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By Richardavion
As-The-Story Goes Went-to KEOUGH's:

Bought-Some so-Called "CYCLONE-'Dust":
as-R-Potential 'Substitute' for Keough's K140 140-MICRON 'Spike'-Sand Discovered-by DONNY In The-Late Nineties to-Be Good for-Growing Flytraps.

But as-The Story Unfolded:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/doost ... t9780.html

It-Was Discovered:

'When'-WATER Was-Added ... The-Dust Apparently Gave-UP It's 'hidden'-Secret that-it Contained R-Lot of Presumely IRON!!! >(*~*)<

Anyway We're Learned to ACID-Wash This-Sand to-Remove This:

http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/caref ... t9797.html

IN-R-Process That's STRICTLY Adults-ONLY to Reveal R-Sand like-This:

That's-NOW 'Drying' In-The-Shed, so-to-Speak ... Which "I"ll Trial Later for-You plural out-THERE 'Interested' in- such-Things.

But In-The-Meantime "I"ve Potted-Up some-Flytraps In-this DUST as-Follows:

"I"-Don't-Like It's-'Look' or-Appearance ... but-Am, so-Far, ... 'Enamoured' by-Its Grain-Size &-Associated Thixothropic-Properties.

'While' Working-On Mozart's Minor-Scale Tonight: [Ab3, Enat.4, Eb4, C#4, Cnat.4, A3], [A3, Eb4, Dnat.4, Cnat.4, Ab3], [Eb3, Cnat4, Bnat.3, Bb3, Anat.3, Enat.3] Outside in-The-Garden On-Extension-Cable "I'-Was "Struck' by-The-Thought that:

These HIGH-Mag. / 20gram-Calcs Appear to-be 'Doing'-OK

WHY-Don't-"I" ... 'Just' FLIP The-Ratios &-'See' What Happens!!!??? >(*~*)< IE HIGH-Calc / 20gram-Mag..

Afteral it-Might-be 'Like'-Magnets NSSN / SNNS ... 'Same'-Level of Repulsion ... But-Totally Different-Situation on-The-Microscopic-Level If-You're-R Microbe or Root-Hair-(let) Stuck-Between Two-Poles, so-to-speak.

Anyway It's 'Just'-an-Idea Which "I"'Try'-OUT ... Never-'Know' ... just Might 'Crack'-The-Problem WIDE-Open, so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<
Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!