FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By deleted user
My plants are just beginning to come out of dormancy as I see new growth on most. I was wondering if they looked good and healthy?
The sarracenia purpurea has shown a lot of growth over the past year (I have included a picture of when I first got it and now)! The picture of a plant that looks like there's nothing in the pot is a drosera, I don't know if it's still alive.

This image is after

The last picture does seem like it is wet, but it was just watered a little and I will be repotting it into peat and perlite.
By Fishkeeper
Your sarr looks fine. Most of your flytraps look like their leaves burned or froze, but they should grow back from the rhizomes. Your sundew appears to have some tiny new growth- assume it's alive and keep it under whatever conditions it prefers.
What kind of sundew is that? Many Drosera don't actually need to go dormant.
Fishkeeper liked this
By deleted user
I can't remember, it was either a capensis or maybe a binata.
Thanks for the help, I think the fly traps are alright and haven't frozen as it has been kept over freezing as it's in a greenhouse, maybe it went under 0 degrees C for a small amount of time.
By deleted user
I forgot to add one, does this one look good too? There is new growth but the others have died off mostly, I most of the dead brown off and left the red to hopefully photosynthesise.
By deleted user
Benurmanii wrote:Honestly looks like stuff got too dry to me. Getting under 0 C a few times should not be an issue, unless the plants were not sitting in water at the time.
They wouldn't be sitting in water, every few days or so I checked the top of the soil. They may have ran out of water then... I'll keep them a bit more moist now. I hope all of them are fine, they seem to all be alive and growing except the drosera which might have some life still in it.
By Branmuffin
VFT's look fine, most my leaves are gone from last year as I let my plants get a nice hardy frost in the fall. They will start shooting up new leaves like crazy soon.
By deleted user
Branmuffin wrote:VFT's look fine, most my leaves are gone from last year as I let my plants get a nice hardy frost in the fall. They will start shooting up new leaves like crazy soon.
If it's still alive from the greenhouse falling over yesterday!
By deleted user
Benurmanii wrote:If your plants are outside cheng tbe winter, they should be shirring in at least some water.
Sorry? A few typos there lol

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!