FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
prized wrote:Same thing for FTS Yellow i think... isn't it?
I actually have two of the Yellow plants. The other one is in a community pot full of other flytraps. I need to repot it soon because it's way too crowded in there. So there are two in existence. I think I sent one to Steve as well, but I'm not sure that it survived. The tissue was contaminated coming out of TC and it's a fairly slow grower, presumably because it has less chlorophyll than green plants.
protocarnivorous 61 wrote:I like the yellow one , it is different , but all of them are awesome plants .
Thanks!
By Steve_D
Matt wrote:I think I sent one to Steve as well, but I'm not sure that it survived.
You sent two, one that grew well and then was rudely snatched up by a bird (very rare occurrence here) and left with roots exposed to dry, and another very, very tiny FTS Yellow that is still alive, growing protected under lights inside the house, but still very tiny. :)
By Matt
Steve_D wrote:You sent two, one that grew well and then was rudely snatched up by a bird (very rare occurrence here) and left with roots exposed to dry
Ah, right! I forgot about that vandal bird and the FTS Yellow.
Steve_D wrote:another very, very tiny FTS Yellow that is still alive, growing protected under lights inside the house, but still very tiny. :)
OK, well, it's good to know that there is at least one other in existence that's not in my care :)
By David F
Hey Matt, what is the cultivator of the red VTS if its Akai Ryu, I thought they grew longer stems, if its just a typical, maybe you need to up your prices, they look amazing! :) There now Matt won't get too many Ideas. Maybe he won't see it!
Last edited by David F on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
By dantt99
David F wrote:if its just a typical, maybe you need to up your prices
NOO! DON'T GIVE MATT ANY IDEAS! What I meant was Noo! Don't give Matt any ideas! ;)
lol They just raised there prices about a buck or two on all the VFT's. Not saying they're not still very good priced compared to most other businesses in this category.
By jht-union
I would pay even $30 for a typical from matt/steve ;) , their plants are just more than excellent, they go beyond the point of 100% excellent quality!!! but yeah the price is good like it is! ;)
By David F
Your right Daniel, I changed my post!!!!
By Matt
prized wrote:Do you know parent plants of FTS Yellow or it comes from a mixed bunch of seed?
Unfortunately I don't know the parentage on the FTS Yellow flytrap. It came from a mixed bunch of seed that Steve harvested in 2008.
David F wrote:Hey Matt, what is the cultivator of the red VTS if its Akai Ryu, I thought they grew longer stems, if its just a typical, maybe you need to up your prices, they look amazing! :) There now Matt won't get too many Ideas. Maybe he won't see it!
The term is "cultivar" (meaning cultivated variety), and the Red flytrap is one of the clones that Steve and I sell as a typical red flytrap. It's actually one of the best red clones that I've ever seen (in my opinion).
By David F
Yea, it is absolutely amazing, do you usually sell that red trap, or is one of the only few you have? It's beautiful, and thank you "cultivar" is the term I shall now use. :)
By Matt
David F wrote:Yea, it is absolutely amazing, do you usually sell that red trap, or is one of the only few you have?
It is one of a few, but it's the one I propagated the most because I thought it was the most beautiful. There are many, many red clones out there that have names and I think that this unnamed red clone is actually better than many of them.

One week into our contest, and here are the standi[…]

For you? It's any size pot you like. Just use […]

Input on Neps placement

That sounds perfect. I've got to adjust my plant[…]

This is a good read about light requirements of ca[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1675. I'll PM[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1674. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!