FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Kevonicus
I crossed a bunch of my plants early this year. Luckily mostly all of my cultivars I received from Matt over just the last year and a half were at flowering age already :). No real precise crossings, just hand pollinated with a fine paint brush as flowers were ready at random each morning. I sowed all my seeds in 3 earth boxes mid-summer and left em in the corner of my greenhouse where I could water them every 2 weeks or so. I took some pics today of the two seedlings that really stood out :mrgreen:. It was hard to take pics on my phone cause they are just so tiny. But rest assured, each of those earth boxes are chock full of flytraps! I'm pretty pumped to see how they grow up (and where I'm going to put all of them!)

Earth box 2014 (after flowering)

Earth box Juniors

Very Deep red trap

Big traps on the left stands out amongst the rest! (hopefully he got some of those DC-XL genes =) )
Last edited by Kevonicus on Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kevonicus, Kevonicus, Kevonicus and 1 others liked this
By katya_dog1
Ohh man! I am, like, SOO jealous I can hardly think. You are gonna have a huge amount of plants when those get to flowering size!
katya_dog1 liked this
By Kevonicus
katya_dog1 wrote:Ohh man! I am, like, SOO jealous I can hardly think. You are gonna have a huge amount of plants when those get to flowering size!
Haha, seriously! I'm going to have to clear out a weekend just to transplant these guys next year. I'm hoping a select one or two thats unique enough to clone and put a name on it. The rest I'm hoping give away to friends and/or put into a massive flytrap only bog garden :). :D
Kevonicus liked this
By Matt
Holy moly! That's a ton of babies there! If you find anything worthwhile in the bunch, and I'd wager to bet that there will be at least a couple that are nice or interesting in some way, let me know if you'd like me to propagate it for you should you get it to adulthood.
Matt liked this
By katya_dog1
Kevonicus, if you ever plan to sell when they are older, keep me in mind. ;) I am interested in unique and colorful flytraps, and you look to have lots of color there! I am looking forward to seeing how they turn out!

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!