FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Zugeva
Hi guys! So I fed my flytrap a mealworm last week on Tuesday and today I noticed that the corner was being dissolved by the trap's acid :(

The corner is gone and the worm's tip is visible as is the slight acid bubbling. Is there anything I can do to save this pod or is it too late? I've also noticed that it looks like another pod is starting to do the same.

I read from other trap caregivers that they have successfully given their traps meal worms, but is this a mistake and I've hurt my plant?
By cpgrower126
You won’t be able to save the trap, but the plant will be fine as long as it is given proper care. You have not hurt your plant, and feeding mealworms is good for the plant. The plant will still get nutrients from the mealworm, even if the trap is dying.
Zugeva liked this
By Bugeater123_Scammer
cpgrower126 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:20 am You won’t be able to save the trap, but the plant will be fine as long as it is given proper care. You have not hurt your plant, and feeding mealworms is good for the plant. The plant will still get nutrients from the mealworm, even if the trap is dying.
I agree

Where can I find this elusive species for sale? […]

I have a Zero Water filter tank, holds about 2 lit[…]

Planr Damage

Hey guys, so the thing happened that I wish did no[…]

I can do 6 weeks. Am I getting it right that the […]

I agree with Shadowtski. Read the information at […]

Hello

Welcome from an introvert who can’t shut up […]

Hello from Germany

Hi there and welcome! It’s always nice to m[…]

New here

Heya and welcome! Another one liberating from Lowe[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!